Leafy

Day 1 of living with him.

Today is Monday, and I just got up. I figured he'd already leave, but instead he's up, and cooking chocolate soufflé in the morning.

"You're up." He welcomes me, as he takes a spoonful of the soufflé in his mouth.

"W..what the fuck, where is breakfast.." I grunted at him.

Firey points at the freshly cooked waffle and bacon right beside him.

I scrunched my face in disgust as I sit down, and watch him consume sugar first thing in the morning.

"Aren't you gonna go to work?" I ask him as I take my plate.

"I resigned from my old job. My new job starts next week so I'll just stay here as a housewife until then. What's your work?"

"Real estate." I reply, not batting an eye on him.

"That's neat. I took photography on weekdays and a Starbucks shift at weekends."

"Why double the work?"

"You never told me the cost of the rent."

"O-oh. I didn't? I thought I did."

"No, you kept your face up high and ignored me all night when I asked you about the details of the rent and food!"

Firey kept on listing his rants about me not listening last night. Honestly I've gotten so sick of it to the point I can't even hear him speaking anymore.

"I'll just take a bath then leave." I said, standing up and going to the bathroom.

"You're leaving me just like that!?" He exclaims, and I don't even look wt him. "I am. Don't forget the dishes and the cleaning."

"Why you..." He murmured, probably imagining how to mess up my day. He won't, and never will.

I get inside the bathroom, just taking a short bath and leaving already. But as a few seconds pass, I realize...

Oh. Shit.