Firey

Tonight I heard noises, and clanking. It's impossible for there to be a robber here— so who could that be?

I stare around the place, and I see something lit up. Leafy's phone. Someone had called her.. in the middle of the night? What business would they have with her that involves calling her at night?

I sigh, and reached for Leafy's door.

I just paused.

The clanking— noises— it came from Leafy.

Maybe she's being robbed.

With assumptions flooding my mind, I immediately burst open the door, hoping to see some robber stealing my wife's stuff.

Unfortunately, that wasn't the case. Instead of a robber, it was Leafy all along. Here I was standing, holding her phone, while she was straddling— a pillow? No.

It was that plush.

"H-hey Leafs.. your phone.. you forgot.." I squeaked out. She just stared at me.

"Firey.." I heard her mutter. Or was it moan? Either of them.

Breaking the awkwardness, I slammed the door shut. My heart is beating— I'm hyperventilating.

"Gahh.. Why am I feeling like this." I grunt, crawling my head back to the couch where it belongs. I feel lightheaded— as if I'm flying. I poured a shot of wine in a glass to calm me down.

A door opened. From her bedroom. I turn around, and Leafy was there. The moonlight shone enough for me to see her, and finally she was fully clothed.

"Hey.. what did you see?" She asked me.

Panicking, instead of grabbing the wine glass— I had held the bottle, and chugged it down. Leafy seemed like she was terrified that I just did that— and ran towards me, taking the bottle off my hand.

"Are you insane!?" She hissed, but I couldn't think clearly.

Too much alcohol— I can't even stand straight. My head is all.. woozy and my eyes blurry.

I can't hear what she's saying, but my head is telling me to rest— lie down.

Then I woke up, in a soft mattress. My head felt dizzy— It was a hungover. I look next to me, and instead of a table, I saw her. Sound asleep, snoring. I shake her shoulder, and I could hear grunt. "Hey, did we do anything last night?"

She shook her head, but I also heard her mumble, "I wish we did."