Firey

Earlier this morning, when I awoke, there were no signs of Leafy. No traces of her minty perfume, or any clutter of her clothes in her room.

She didn't go home.

So, being paranoid, I started to call her phone but she wouldn't answer. The obvious thing to do at this point was to report the police. Hopefully she didn't get killed. On my way to the station, I walk across her.

Leafy's alive.

Thank god.

Our eyes meet, and Leafy seemed tense, or nervous. I smile and pat her shoulder. "Are you okay? Where did you go?" Her breathing's too fast, and she's sweating.

She gulped. "I'm fine. Slept at a friend's house. It was too late so.. I stayed at theirs since it was nearby my workplace."

I chuckle. "That's good. I'm glad to hear you're okay."

"You are?"

"Of course! No husband wants their wife hurt."

"I-is that so?"

"Yeah. Better get going for work."

I walk past her, but she calls me back. "Firey! Did.. did you eat dinner?" I pause, thinking of a response.

"Yeah, I did." I lie.

She smiles, she looks so adorable.

"How about breakfast?" I lie again.

"Of course, it's important."

"That's great. Good luck." She smiles, running off to her workplace like that.

I hear my stomach churn, and my head a bit light. It's the side effects of not eating.

Since I didn't eat dinner, and breakfast. Because I searched for her first, took a bath, and went into the police station. Oh well— eating is a necessary sacrifice to ensure your partner's safety. Plus, when I told her I did, she smiled. I didn't want to ruin her day.

I look around and see Gelatin's Steakhouse. Hope they sell pancakes and vegetables, because I ain't havin Steak and gravy in the morning.

When I entered, there wasn't really a lot of people— being it in the morning so I just ordered a couple of muffins for me and the boys, some mashed potatoes and waffles on the go.

I'm pretty much dead to Coiny for being late.