Leafy

I suppose I let Firey down once again. Unfortunately, Eggy has made me stay with her again— don't know how she does it— but it worked. Or maybe it's just my mind telling me to leave Firey. Either way, I need to make it up to him. I called Lollipop— asking her for another day off.

She sighed when she heard the word off. "Oh, sweetie, I know your life is messy, but it shouldn't be like that. That's not messy, that's fucked up, Leafy."

I groan on her advice, ignoring it and asking her for another day off. "Please, Boss. I need to make it up to my husband at least."

"Or is he? Look, Leafy— He's your husband legally, but do you love him?"

I don't know.

"Or maybe, you're just pitying him because you let him down?"

I don't know.

"Either way, make up your mind, Leafy. Even if you tell me you're taking a day off— that Eggy girl may just take you away once again. I know you very well for the 4 years you've worked here," Lollipop sighed, ranting about my whole life in a whole paragraph. "Keep this toxicity out of your life, okay?"

Lollipop ended the call, so I'm just assuming she agreed. My phone dings, a message from her.

"When I say toxicity, I meant Eggy. Get that bitch out of your life."

I couldn't reply. Maybe that just means I'm too afraid of the truth— or I can't let go of her.

I need to stop thinking about Eggy.

In this whole day off of mine, I took time in cleaning the home, and cooking dinner for me and Firey. I see a grocery bag laid inside the fridge— must be the ones he wanted to use to cook last night. I scanned through the ingredients thinking of something to cook.

I waited the whole day for him to come home— when 6'o clock ticked, I had already started cooking. I think minutes just passed away when I gazed to the clock, and it read 11. Strange. Firey should be here by now. Unless— he got kidnapped which is unlikely but It's better to be sure. Though— I waited longer and longer— until I notice I've been waiting the whole night for him.

A ding from my phone rang— a text from someone unknown.

"Dear Mrs. Amaranth— Or Leafy whatsoever. No formalities here. I'm Firey's boss. He's your husband— if you even think of him like that— he's staying at my house tonight. I don't know why I'm telling you this, since you're always out with your girlfriend. Oh- right. I know about you and Eggy— but since I feel merciful I'm letting Firey find out on his own. Anyways if you think he's kidnapped he's with me. Good job on lying to him. No- not good. Great job. Enjoy a whole night with Eggy, k? :)"

  So, is this how Firey felt when he was waiting for me?

  Because it hurts so much.