Leafy

Firey's eyes glistened in shock as he looked at the kid. Did Firey date someone while they weren't 'together'? I mean, that's understandable, since that's such a long time to be away with your partner. But- a kid, right there in front of us? I can feel my heart shattering slowly, slowly breaking after being rebuilt aga-

  "Oh dear, I'm sorry. He lost us earlier and he thinks anyone that has orange hair is his dad." A woman kindly smiled. Firey laughed at her, telling her it was okay. He knelt down the kid, smiling at him. "Hey little guy. Don't run off next time, okay."

"Okay!" he beamed. "Sorry mister, and miss!"

The shattering stopped, and I look at Firey. "So.. you don't have any secret kid from me?"

He laughs a bit, grabbing our luggage. "Nah, it's always been you."

"Really?

"Yeah, I mean it. Why? You thought he was mine?"

"He looked like you."

"He has brown hair, I like to think our kids will have orange ones."

"Us? Kids?"

"You don't want them?"

Silence followed us in the hot sunny day. 

"No- It's okay, Leafy. It's your choice anyway," Firey assured me, his hand patting my shoulder. "I'm already with you, that's enough for me."

I frowned a bit, but smiled my way even if there was an empty hole inside my stomach that never kept being silent. From what we had fixed together, and our duration of being together, I know one thing about him. 

Firey always asks for too little.

In the distance we spot Pen and Tree, waving to us. I ran towards them, greeting the two who was holding their dogs in their arms. "Puppies!" I exclaimed. "They're so cute- where did you get them?"

"A pet shop, duh." Tree sighs sarcastically. Handing me one of them. "You can handle Kronos for a while." 

"Kronos? Why'd you name him after a titan?"

Pen snorted beside me, the other dog in his hands. "Mythology nerds. The two of us."

Firey set our luggage beside theirs, laughing with Pen. "Not surprised if you had a penthouse filled with cats and dogs named with all the Greek Gods."

Tree and Pen shared a smile, mischievous and outright evil. I gasp a bit, the dog gasping with me. "No way."

"Yes way. But not every god," Pen purred. "Just our favorite ones. I made Eraser take care of them." 

"Hey, where's Coiny? We need all of us right now before I can check in."

Firey checks his phone, searching up Coiny's name only to see that they're having a fancy tea party in his private jet plane. "What a bitch, could've invited me over. Would save the money."

"You have a big salary. Don't talk." Pen scoffed. Firey rolls his eyes, shooting a message to Coiny: Get your ass over here or I'll piss on your bed.

A message rung over a few minutes later. Fuck you, I'm your boss. Also we're landing.

Firey snarls a bit, but sends Coiny another message. Not today you're not.

"Coiny is landing his big private plane here, along with his annoying ego. They should be here around-"

A loud sound came out of nowhere, far away somewhere- we can hear the engine of the plane turning off. Then of course, we had to watch Coiny majestically walk down his jet, alongside my poor friend Pin- she looks like someone kidnapped her and forced her to have a grand and fancy rich time. 

"Pin!" I squealed, running off to her with the dog in my hand. 

"Leafy... Is this real? Is this what rich people do?"

"Pin, honey, I've never been in a private jet."

"I feel like I was kidnapped and was forced to have a good time with rich fancy caviar and wine."

I chuckled, hugging her and dragging her dazed face with the others while Coiny talked to his assistants. "Is your boss dating my friend?" I ask Firey, who just finished giving Tree our information. "I think he's wooing her."

"Well, he's doing a bad job at it." 

===

  The resort is beautiful- creamy sand and palm trees. A buffet ready by the shades, umbrellas, and air conditioned huts. Surfboards, boats, literally name anything because this beach just seems to have great fun. Tree settled us all, giving out the keys for our rooms. Our room is designed as a beach house, but modern and simple. Has a nice garden, rocky path and vines on the walls. Clean but beach-like.

We set our things inside, for the whole one week vacation. I'm thanking the gods for Lollipop letting me have one week off, time to rest with Firey and ease up to him after being so far away from him. Maybe we can fix our marriage even better, despite that we 'talked' it out the other days.

He's so willing, for me to change for me even though I kept pushing him away because I was sometimes too selfish. But he'd always assure me by saying that my feelings are never a bother and I don't have to feel that way. 

My therapist also told me that.

Eggy also told me that.

Ah, right. Eggy. After earlier, when Firey told me it had always been me, gave me a guilty knot in my stomach that I can't distinguish quite clearly. He held out for me, while I was stupid enough to choose Eggy. Does he know? They've met, but does Firey know? If he doesn't, what will he do, then? Eggy had been so nice to me from the start, offering a shoulder and support. But she doesn't deserve this, Firey doesn't deserve to be a part of my messy entangled emotions that I can't figure out. He needs better, deserves better, he--

"Hey, are you okay? You've been staring- Are you crying? What's wrong?" Firey reached up to my face, caressing my face with his hands as he rubbed my tears off my eyes. "I'm fine," I choke out, trying to look away but he holds my face in place, locking our foreheads together. "Stress? What is it? Tell me what's wrong,"

I didn't out long enough for you, I didn't choose just you.

There was someone else, there was Eggy.

Do you know about her? 

Would you be mad if I told you about her? 

But they left sitting in my mouth, while I stifle up a laugh. "I'm just happy. So, so happy." I lied to him, Firey's smile beaming as he holds my hand. "I finished our luggage. Do you wanna go or do you wanna change first?"

I wipe the excess tears, my grip on his hand getting tighter. "I'm okay, I'm hungry too. Can we eat?"

"Of course! Let's meet up with the others."

I chuckle as I follow him, looking at our hands intertwined with each other, the rings on our fingers shining in the sun.

One day, Firey, I promise. No more lies.