Leafy

Firey had quit all his jobs, so I'm leaving it to him to find a solution to that, else I'm kicking him out.

Once I had gotten to our main office, Goiky Realty, I had just been assigned to sell another land. People have been coming into Goiky, ever since the city boomed its population 10 years ago. Realty companies are getting richer by the second because of the aristocrats wanting to buy land to own in the rich lands of Goiky.

I really can't blame them.

There walks my boss, Lollipop, as she assigns to me some lands to sell and of course, clients.

"Okay, Leafy I need you to sell at least 8 lands this month."

I nod, completely agreeing with everything she's saying.

As Lollipop left, looking fancy day and day, I get my papers ready and grab the contacts of our clients.

I call one of my clients, for a meeting with me at a nearby cafe. I'll be sending him the directions so he won't get lost.

One trick I obtained in Real Estate was the power of persuasion. In the 6 years where Firey wasn't there to watch over me, in the 6 years of living alone, I had been going out on dates with my clients, in order to persuade them into buying more lands.

Of course, this is necessary.

It's a part of business, and really— nothing attached. A couple dinners and I've sold something. All is fair in love and war.

Though, however, I fear Firey will know one day.

After all, I've been keeping a lot of things secret to him.

But he doesn't really need to know it. It's not like it's some valuable piece of information anyway.

Besides, it just shows home a lot of people are so unfaithful to their partners, to be driven to cheat.

It's funny, really.

I'm absolutely glad I'm not one of them.

(Just to be clear Leafy is just seeing her clients so that she could persuade them to buy more lands. Nothing physical really— just dates.)