Firey

"Are you ready?" She smiles at me, holding out her hand as an invitation. 

  Recently, we just booked our vacation with her cousins, my colleagues, and surprisingly, Coiny and Pin. Though I'm curious on how she managed to get Coiny-- out of all people she could've invited, to join. With his busy schedule and countless 'meetings' with Pin, I'm surprised he even joined.

  I saw Coiny post a story earlier, a picture of him and a sleepless Pin in front of his favorite red private jet. Leafy and I laughed about it, mocking him countless. "Show off," Leafy giggled. That was one of the most genuine things I've heard from her this week. 

  Leafy's smiling face has always left me speechless.

  Maybe this was the perfect life, living with Leafy peacefully, no problems or drama, everything was just at peace. Her hand in mine as we walk in the train together, putting aside our luggage and heading off to the private resort. It's.. actually quite refreshing to have no problems to deal with right now, just me and her. 

  The train came to a halt suddenly, to which I woke up to was Leafy sleeping on my shoulder, just like she did years ago.  We got out, and set off to the boat that would take us to the resort. The water haunted me, since it reminded me of how I used to drown a lot in the ocean years ago. Though I did turn out alive, I still got traumatized from that event. Leafy's hand tightened around mine, those little wordless moments where she would do something without telling me about it, nor batting an eye on me.

  "I just don't want to let you go anymore," She muttered, not looking at me, but at the ocean. I stood for a second, frozen shut. I couldn't notice my face being all flushed and red from what she said, but it made me feel special for a reason. 

  "I..Please never let go of me."

  "I never intend to."

  We got off the boat as soon as it hit the docks, as we finally reached that fancy private resort Pen and Tree were talking about. 

  This was it, the happiest 7 days of my life where I get to spend the whole week with my wife, know her stories, and maybe.. tell her the truth of why I was gone for so long. It felt beautiful, amazing. It was everything I ever wanted it to be. I didn't ask for much anymore, because all I needed was Leafy. 

  And that was it, that was the end, and that was my happiness. Me and Leafy, spending time together. That's where our story comes to an ending.

Or so, I wish it ended then and there. As in the distance I see a little boy running towards me, clinging to my foot. "It's been a long time since we've seen each other, right, Papa?"