Coiny

I stare longingly at Firey, who's been gazing into the deep blue sky as he counts the stars.

He's an idiot, he can't count them.

We just had finished eating dinner, and just took time off before bed.

He stood up from his spot, and went to me. "Do you have a pool?"

"Oh! Yeah I'll take you there."

I scrambled to my room, getting some things necessary.

When Firey had saw me, he was speechless. "Wh-what are you.. wearing?"

"A snorkel and fins."

"What's the kickboard for?"

"For you."

Firey sigh, even though he knew he couldn't swim he just hid the fact from everyone else.

He's not mysterious anyway. 

//

After I had tried to drown Firey countless times, he got in a pair of pajamas that I have provided.

Those were actually my clothes.

"I'm glad you're letting me stay the night, Coiny." He thanks me, as he drifts off to sleep.

Even though he didn't see it, I smiled, and went off to my own room.

The problem was, I couldn't sleep a nudge.

Despite doing enormous things to get myself to sleep, I couldn't. Instead I've felt uneasy and uncomfortable.

That may just be the first time.

I snuck to Firey's room and slid into his bed. It's not a problem anyway, there's a pillow in between us.

"Are you awake?" I ask him, waiting for a response.

"If I answer that means I'm awake, right?"

I laugh, and he yawns.

In the darkness, we chat, and talk. Without looking at the other.

For the first time, it felt like we were just two normal human beings.

It was nice.

"Firey, why do you protect someone?"

He didn't answer, but I hear him humming. "Well, you don't have to be strong to protect someone. You protect them because you love them, and want to ensure their safety, even if it means you'll get hurt."

"Thanks."

Satisfied with his answer, I went into slumber, a peaceful quiet sleep.

I'll protect you, okay?