Firey

My head seemed like it entered a spiral today. Coiny had told me to go off home since I wasn't stable enough to work. Heck, he was kind enough to drive me off my unit so I don't collapse on the ground.

All the way up, I had to grab on the railings so I couldn't fall, and I crawled to the door. I jangled the keys from my pocket, putting it where it belongs so the damned door could open.

I couldn't even get to our room, I just slept on the sofa when I felt the cool air conditioning.

//==\\==//==\\

My eyelids open, I groan from my ached muscles. I see a dark room, with the moonlight shining from the window. My phone displays the time, 10:00 P.M. Though I wanted to eat, I had no energy to do so, since my whole body feels like it's going to break any time I would move.

The room is as it used to be when I got in, and no dishes either. Leafy's not home again tonight. Her overnights are being too common.

I take another nap, taking sleep as my dinner, hoping to be awake when she arrives.

It felt as if few minutes passed, but when I checked it was already 4:00 A.M. I hear the door open, a creaking sound that could wake you up. Standing there was a silhouette, reaching for the light switch.

The lights turn on, and I hiss, but what I see makes me forget about my pain. Leafy's finally home.

But I recall that it's 4:00 A.M. Why would she stay at her Friend's and come back home? Why didn't she stay there until the morning?

"Firey? Why are you sleeping here?" Leafy asks me, fixing her shoes in the cabinet.

"I was waiting for you." I reply, stunned to what I'm seeing.

"Oh, that's sweet of you."

"Leafy, why are you back at this time? If you were staying at a Friends' house, you should've stayed there until morning. Did you feel bad for me?"

She laughs, thinking I was joking.

With my aching knees and walk to her, taking the pain. "Or maybe, are you lying about your over time?"

Her eyes widened, as if she was terrified, or scared. Was there something behind me? Who cares? I needed the truth.

Firey, you're not in the right mind to—

"Say, Leafy.." I step closer, every step hurts more and more.

Calm down, Firey! Soon you'll—

"Am I.."

You're hurting yourself! You don't need this!

"Am.. Am I that replaceable?"

You don't need the answer, Firey, let it g—

Thud, crash.

All I see is black, and I can't open my eyes.