Firey

Dizzy, I woke up from my bed— expecting Leafy to be there. She wasn't. My mind all foggy, I look at my surroundings and notice something different. The room wasn't mine, it was nearly empty, except for some furniture I've never used. Am I kidnapped? If I was, shouldn't I be in some strange cell rather than a fancy room?

  I check out of the room, rubbing my eyes. It was Coiny's fancy unit, I could tell from all the windows around. How did I get here? Why am I here? I rummage around, only to find Coiny having coffee with Pin— strangely she has a blanket wrapped all over her.

  "Coiny, he's awake." Pin nudges, delivering Coiny's attention to me. "Morning, pal. How's your sleep."

  "Good.. uh, why is she here?"

  "I invited her over, duh."

"Just that?"

"It's business, Firey."

"Whatever.. I'll go now. Leafy must be waiting.

I took my things and left the two— to do some stuff I don't have to see. Leafy must be worried for me. When I had stepped inside, I noticed the shoe rack was cleaner than when I had left it yesterday. Fresh Lemonade covers the room, and newly curtains displayed in the nearby windows. Leafy must've cleaned the place yesterday. I check the fridge, only to find my groceries gone, and cooked.

  Huh.

  Footsteps came from behind me, and a small yawn.

  I turn around, hoping to greet leafy but instead, I was met with a slap.

  "Agh— what the hell!?" I grunted, holding my cheek.

  "Were you sleeping with another person!?" She growled, stomping on my foot.

  "A-ow! No! I wasn't! What the fuck, Leafy!?"

  "Liar!"

  "I swear, I didn't! Why the hell would I!?"

  "Because you didn't come home from dinner last night!"

  Rage filled my mind, Leafy angry because I hadn't come home last night. "Yeah!? Well— well.. were you really sleeping over at a friend, Leafy!? Or were you replacing me already!?"

  Silence filled the room, Leafy's anger gone from her face.

"W..what are you talking about..?"