Coiny

"So. You're telling me you're hungover?"

"Yes, Yes I am."

Today, Firey hangs out by my house since he and Leafy were moving out. I serve him his hungover soup as I sit by him. "You need the contract now?"

"Yeah. So I don't come back anymore." Firey scowled.

"Whatever, I know you'll come back begging me for a place to live in."

"No I won't."

"Yes, you will! You did it at college! Begged me to let you stay since you got drunk off your ass!"

"Hey! Do not remind me of my college days! You're the only one who knows that."

"I can use it to blackmail you."

Firey froze, and begged me to not. I had kept a phone filled of his pictures— elementary, high school, college.

Strangely enough I didn't expect him to enter the same college with me. The difference was, he was on a scholarship.

"Will you stay here for the night, then?" I question him, as he lays on my couch.

"I guess. It's so awkward to face her after what I saw last night."

I grunt, and order my butlers to arrange a guest room. "You could just stay here forever."

"What."

"Shut up, Firey. Let's play Mario Kart."

"I don't want to. You always win! Besides I just want to sleep."

"Hey— seeing you weep and lose is only a good payment for letting you stay here!"

"Well guess what bro— I won't weep this time!"

"Prove it!"

The whole day we had played Mario Kart, and Beat saber. It felt nostalgic, actually. We used to do this all the time.

"Remember when you would come over and we'd play Nintendo at my house?" I ask Firey, not taking my eyes off the screen.

He nods. "Yeah, but your Dad said I was making you dumber."

"Well, my dad is kinda wrong."

"Yeah, he is. You're already dumb."

"Don't talk to your boss like that!"

"Well I hadn't started yet so I have the rights to call you names!"

"Shut up, I'm gonna win this and you're not gonna call me anything!"

"Will you?"

"Yes!"

In the end, I had claimed victory, and Firey plopped to the floor. "Damn you, ass."

I snicker. "Where's Leafy staying at tonight?"

"At Pin's. The girl you asked me for."

"Ah.. right right." I sweat.

If there's one thing I would be keeping secret from Firey right now,

It was that Leafy lied, and she wasn't staying with Pin.

Because earlier,

"Hey, can I stay at your house for now?" That voice. Leafy. I turned around, hoping to see Pin but it wasn't her.

I couldn't see them closely, with all the people. From her body gestures, they seem to have agreed on letting Leafy stay at theirs. Her face— hands— are speaking. They show happiness and carefree. This is the Leafy I knew 6 years ago.

Back before the accident had happened.

Now, I'm seeing her with someone else. I whipped my phone out of my pockets, and get a clear angle at both of them. I walk in circles, avoiding the people as I get casually closer to them.

The person's face. It was all clear.

The one Leafy was talking to so happily, the one who she requested to stay at,

Was none other than Eggy.

Leafy's old best friend.