Leafy

Mornings like these were rare, for me. The slight smell of morning dew, and the flicker of sunlight peeking through the window sounds like a scene straight out of a fairytale.

Of course, those scenes never happen to me. Because when I woke up this morning, I didn't hear light snoring or the warmth of some arms hugging me. There was nobody.

Firey— the cook addict he is— might've been already up to cook breakfast. I gather the silk laced sheets, and folded them in a neat pattern. Sliding off the bed, and to the shower.

By the door I hear the water splashing, like rain in a quiet Sunday night. Where everyone is asleep, waiting for Monday to arrive. Soft, gentle humming and splashes of water to the floor. Though, without any concern of what I could be seeing, I just slid my hand to the doorknob, twisting it until it opens. Inside was none other than Firey, heating up a tub.

His amber eyes looks directly into my emerald ones, his hand turning off the faucet. "I'm glad you're awake. Here's a tub. Breakfast is ready."

Speechless, I sit across him by the tub walls, tugging the towel by the corner. "What about you?"

He pats my head, handing me a loofa. "I'm already done." Firey walks out of the bathroom, hands in his pockets. I turn to the tub, and slide my legs inside. I hug my knees, dipping down into the warm water. My thoughts were floating— like fishes in the sea.

  Reminiscing all the thoughts I've kept inside my mind, I reach to the surface, and take a nice deep breath, then go back to holding it underwater.

  Firey's presence confuses my whole being. Bring with him is.. strange, yet so satisfying. I don't understand how I truly feel about him. I can't say I love him— when in fact my heart is already with someone else.

  I can't lie to him— I don't want to hurt him yet I am lying. The confusion scares me, terrifies of what would happen if all my secrets were to magically appear in front of him one day.

  Because I'm lying, and I don't understand this.. Because I'm not telling the truth, and knowing that I'm just running away from what I'm feeling, I can finally make a hypothesis of what I feel about him.

  I don't love you, Firey Ashden.

  And I never will.