Firey

My co-workers gathered up on me, giving me muffins, and medicines. All sorts of herbs and whatnot. "I'm fine guys!" I exclaim, and they finally back off and give me space.

"We were worried you got sick at your second day of work. Thought Coiny was too hard on you." Donut comforts me, shaking when he heard Coiny's voice.

"I'm right here. Just— go back to work."

All of the scattered, and went to their desks. Coiny held my shoulder. "Glad you're okay."

"Yeah.. can I work now?" I ask him, and he lets go of me. "Sure. Go ahead."

  The whole day was exhausting, too much work and many meetings to attend. I would really enjoy Leafy's presence by now. I asked Coiny if he knew where Leafy works, and he brought me there. I wanted to surprise her!

  I walk inside their building, and meet a tall woman. Her name tag reads Lollipop.

  "H-hello.. I'm looking for someone?" I stutter, shaking infront of this person.

  "Who?" Lollipop asks me sternly, not batting her precocious eyes on me.

  "Leafy Ashden?"

  "Look buddy, if you're one of the guys she dated, it was only f—"

  I push her aside, as I finally see Leafy. She's talking to someone in her cellphone right now, so I decided to follow her. Leafy walked a few streets, and finally stopped. I was about to reach to her when someone— a girl— pops out of nowhere and they go to walk. Where are they going?

  I secretly follow them behind, hoping they won't notice or hear me. I didn't realize that Leafy was heading back at our condominium, so I caught up with her.

  "Hey Leafs!" I exclaimed, and she looks like she just saw a ghost. "Oh.. Hi Firey."

  "Hey. Who's this?" I point to the girl Leafy was talking with.

  "Ah.. Uhm.. Eggy this is Firey, and Firey this is Eggy."

   "Hello." I greet, reaching my hand out for a shake.

  Eggy gripped my hand— too tightly. "Hello, Firey. I'm Eggy,"

  "Hello, Eggy. I'm Firey. So, who are you to her?"

  "I'm her friend. And you?"

  "I'm her husband. Pleasure's all mine." I sarcastically smiled, holding her hand as if I was crushing her bones. Eggy's face went pale, and she looked so shocked.

  It seems like I've got some competition.