Romantic Liars ⚠️

(warning: oh, u know 😳😳)

Firey

What just happened? Right now— I am laying in a bed. I don't remember this. My head feels terrible, like I had a hangover. I notice that our room's a lot more cleaner than when I had left it. There's a sizzling sound downstairs. I smell food.

Leafy's home.

I try to get out of bed, but unfortunately my muscles seem to not comply. "Walk, goddamit!" I hiss, punching my leg— hoping It would miraculously heal.

It didn't budge.

Sighing in defeat, I just sit on the bed, salivating for food. Now, I am deemed useless for not being able to help out Leafy. Great.

She came in the room, holding a tray full of food, and some pills. "Eat up."

I take the tray, and eat by the bedside. "Sorry for not being able to help you."

Leafy reassures me. "Don't worry. You're sick. Besides, I want to take care of you."

"What about your work?"

"I took a day off. Your health matters."

"Sorry."

"Stop apologizing, I wanted to stay with you anyway."

"Do you really?"

"Of course I do."

Being reassured, I slowly eat my meal— and of course give her some too. Leafy looks cheerful and bright today. "Thanks for the meal. Anything I can do for you?" I ask her, taking the medicine.

"No need. I just want you to stay there and heal."

Leafy went down to clean, and I was left alone there. Bored. "Damn, it's gonna be a long day, huh?"

She returned after cleaning, and we had a chat. For the first time. Where she's not busy, or hiding. We talk about her work, friends, and a various other stuff. Played some board games that I can do without moving too much.

"This is fun." I chuckle.

"It is." She yawns, rubbing her eyes.

"Are you tired?"

"I want to spend more time with you."

"Then we can rest together. I can feel my eyelids shutting."

"Okay, Firey."

I get out of bed got some covers for the floor. Leafy seems to be confused on what I'm doing. "What are you.. doing?"

"You said you don't like sleeping next to someone else."

"But you're sick!"

"It's ok. I want you to feel comfortable."

"I can sleep on the couch."

"No!"

"Then how should we sleep?"