Firey

"You were really weird yesterday, Leafy." I say to Leafy, who's currently getting dressed for her work.

"Oh? Well have you found us a condominium unit yet?" She mocked at me, not even turning to look at me.

So, I froze and grabbed my phone, looking for cheap but safe condominium units nearby. There was some but it wasn't like I could just sign up so quickly. "I found some but I have to meet up with the owners so I can check if it's a good place."

"Ah. And also— I quit from my jobs."

"You— what." Leafy sounded frustrated at me, for telling her I quit both of my jobs.

"Well.. I feared photography would make me disloyal and— Starbucks is an overrated job!"

"Then— how will you pay for the rent too!?"

"I don't know— I'll figure it out!"

Leafy grunted, and screamed at me. "That's what you always say! But you never figure it out!"

I couldn't speak. I don't know why. The back of my head's telling me to not, and so I don't.

Leafy left in rage, stomping and slammed the door behind her as she left for her job.

Leafy probably sees me now as.. useless? That could be the word. Maybe she's just mad that I'm unable to pay the rent. I should just let her cool off, hoping she'd be okay by the time she goes back soon.

The whole morning I crumpled up in our apartment, moping and doing nothing. A little cleaning but just that. I felt down, and I didn't know why. Maybe what she said to me earlier?

My vision gets blurry, and my eyes sting. Then my cheeks get wet.

Then it starts to rain on my hands. What are these salty droplets?

Oh.

I think they're called...

Tears.