Leafy

"Oh! Leafs, you're back!" Firey exclaims from the kitchen. I smell the sweet smell of turkey and dessert. "Okay, okay, what's the celebration for?" He sways around, giggling as he tries to hide it. "Oh, you know.. I got a new job!"

Oh. That's it?

"Oh, that's nice, Firey. Where do you work now?"

"Well, I was hired by Coiny." He answers as he sets up the table.

"Coiny? The guy from high school who you had a whole locker dedicated to? And he also had a locker for you too?"

"Yeah. Weird rich kid Coiny."

"Huh. The world's pretty small huh."

"Not as small as his d— I mean, yeah right. Right.."

Firey almost blurted out something. What an idiot.

Oh well, he's my idiot in fact.

"Where did you buy this, Firey?" I pondered.

"Well, I bought it at the mall we went in yesterday?"

"Oh, right." I laugh.

As Firey finally sat infront of me, I finally get to eat. I did miss his cooking.

"Firey... when are you gonna be done?" I whine from the bedroom as I hear sizzling.

"Leafy, stop being impatient. Would you eat it if it tastes bad?"

I pout. "Not really.."

I could hear him sigh. "Just a few more minutes, okay, bunny?"

"Fine, dummy."

Firey arrives in our room, and sets up the food infront of me. "Do I really have to bring your food."

I pinch him. "Of course! It's your fault I can't walk anyway. My legs are sore!"

He laughs, and pinch my cheeks. "Just eat."  I smile back as I look at the food in front of me. Roasted chicken and soup. "Thanks, Firey."

"Did you have fun last night?" He asks as he sat beside me.

"Yeah, lots." I reply as I rest my head on his shoulder.

"I'm glad."

"Leafy? Earth to Leafy?" A voice says, as I snap out of my day dream, and see the present.

"The food's getting cold. Eat up!" He says, smiling as he hands me a fork.

"Y-yeah, right.." I mumble, while grabbing the fork from him.

If only... we could live like that once again.

But we can't.

Because I'm seeing someone else.