Firey

"Okay everyone, Let's welcome a new employee. Firey Ashden."

I hear echoes of clapping, and greeting. It was amazing. This was the first job I've had at Goiky, and everything seemed so peaceful and upright.

I was introduced to my desk, a clean empty one. A computer, some shelves, and a board. It gives me a good vibe.

"New desks are pretty, huh?" I look at my left, and a guy stands there. I see his I.D, his name is Fries

"Yeah, they are."

"Wait until they get bomboarded with paperwork."

"Is that normal?"

"It's common, actually."

"Holy fuck."

"Language!" Someone shouts from the back.

"Sorry Barfie!" Fries exclaimed, and laughed. "She's the mom of the office."

I chuckle. "Of course."

For the whole day, I've been actually doing so good! Plus my co-workers aren't so bad, they're actually great. "Ya doin great, champ?" Coiny asks as he leans on my chair.

"I'm fantastic! This place is great."

"You know our deal."

"Yes, yes. You know my salary."

"I won't forget."

I continue my day, casual paperwork and working on the investemnts. My co-workers invited me out to eat, before going home. Obviously, I agreed, since Leafy would come home late.

"So, you're married?" Book asks me, handing me a cup of water.

"Yeah. 7 years already."

Donut's eyes widened. "Woah! Lucky."

Barf bag nudged Donut. "Don't mind him. He hasn't proposed yet."

"Oh. So you two are dating?"

Barf bag nods. "We have been for like.. 5 years?"

"Why hasn't he proposed yet?"

"He's shy." Lollipop mocks, laughing in between.

My co-workers and I walked home together, laughing at each other and teasing. I gave them my contact information so they could call me for work purposes, but I figured Bracelety would call me to cry about Ice cube.

I arrive in our condomonium, and swung open the door. Leafy isn't here yet so I turned on the lights and cooked a meal for the two of us.

"Leafy's pretty darn late, huh.."

I settled the food by the table, and waited for her to arrive before I eat.

One thing I knew, she never arrived, and I slept starving, and on the table.