1🥘

Jimin walked into his night shift at the restaurant feeling like a heavy pile of bricks. He was a chef at his best friend's restaurant called Nourriture Délicieuse. Most people who were familiar with the fancy restaurant just called it Jin's Place because they couldn't pronounce the french words.

Jimin went around the back to where the kitchen was and pushed the door open. The kitchen was spacious and fancy, with other chefs and waiters bustling around the different areas. He almost felt a little better because this was what he loved. He loved to be in the kitchen preparing succulent and delicious meals for people to enjoy. He loved the art of designing different dishes and communicating through taste.

He quickly rushed over to the clipboard that was right beside his boss's office. He signed his name and time then peeked into the open door.

"Hey Jin. I'm here," he scanned the small room with his eyes. Jin, a tall, handsome man with broad shoulders, looked up at him.

A sweet smile graced his lips as he glanced up from a document he was reading. He quickly pushed away from the desk and made his way to his friend. His smile faltered a little when he realized Jimin's sad eyes that had bags under them.

"Hey sweetie. Are you doing okay?" Jin pulled him in for a hug. Jimin nodded on his chest.

"I'm fine. Just a little tired," Jimin pushed away from him and slowly walked to the locker room, knowing full well Jin would follow him.

"Why are you tired? You've had 24 hours to rest. What's going on?" They both entered the room that had lockers and benches in neat rows. Jimin made his way to where his locker was and spotted two of his other friends and co-workers.

"Chim!" Hobi smiled brightly when he saw him but it quickly vanished when he saw how dull he looked, "Well, you look terrible. What's wrong?"

Taehyung who was sitting on the bench texting, quickly looked up to see what was going on.

"Jimin?" Jin folded his arms and leaned against a locker, waiting for him to answer.

"I...guys I just don't know what to do anymore," he sighed sadly.

"Is this about your rude kid again?" Tae rolled his eyes.

Hobi slapped him upside the head.

"Tae! Can you not?" Jin glared at him as Jimin's bottom lip quivered.

He wanted to break down. He felt like such a failure.

"Jiminie? Talk to us. Is it about Yungwon?" Jin went up to his friend and held both his shoulders firmly. "What happened? You look like you've been crying."

Jin forced him to sit on the bench and sat beside him. Hobi sat on the other side of him. Taehyung just sat where he was, he was kind of pissed that the child was making Jimin sad these days.

Jimin sniffed, "I don't know what happened. As soon as he turned 11 he started to change. He was such a great kid when I got him, you know? Now, all he does is throw unnecessary tantrums and screams about how I'm not his father. I feel like I failed him in every way," he had cried enough about it. So he fought back his tears and let out a breath.

"Give the damn boy back then! He sounds ungrateful!" Tae yelled.

"Taehyung! Do you want me to kick you out?" Jin scolded.

Jimin's heart trembled. That had never even crossed his mind. Yungwon was his son from the moment he had laid eyes on him. He had adopted the adorable baby boy when he was just 4 years old. Apparently his mother didn't want him and didn't know who the father was, so she gave him up for adoption. Jimin was somewhat grateful.