29🚫

True to his word, Jimin was back at work the next day and the following days after that.

A couple weeks passed and everything was better than he ever imagined they would be. His happiness was at an all time high.

He and Jungkook were in the process of getting to know what each other wanted out of a marriage and what they expected of each other.

He was taken aback at how meticulous his boyfriend was. He wanted to cover every ground. He wanted to know everything so they could last forever.

He was afraid of the stereotype. The one that said after a couple gets married everything goes downhill. He stressed how much he didn't want that to happen to him and Jimin.

He even went as far as to take couple quizzes and therapy sessions.

Jimin almost found it endearing. But he knew the reason. Jungkook was afraid.

He was afraid to end up like his parents. They had divorced when he was really young. Before that they had fought with a hatred for each other that he never wanted to experience.

They had divorced and disappeared, leaving Jungkook with his grandmother, Nana.

It was obvious they still supported him financially. He didnt lack anything growing up except the love of a warm family. But they never showed their faces to him. There were only letters and gifts.

After he had become successful, he had searched for them too. He was crushed when he found out both parents had remarried and had children of their own. He had brothers and sisters that he knew absolutely nothing about.

It was the reason he had searched for YW. He didnt want Jik to grow up not knowing her brother.

So he did everything in his power to make sure they both knew what they were getting into.

Jimin was stubborn and he tended to over think without voicing his thoughts. He was working on his communication.

But Jimin was also clean, hardworking and organized. He knew how to keep a house tidy. He knew how to care for the kids. He was a homemaker. His heart was pure and he loved like no other. He made time for every one in his life and he spread love all over. He was the best in Jungkook's eyes.

Jungkook was a bit messy. He didnt know how to do much house chores. He was the type to use money to get what he wanted. He was working on these things.

But Jungkook was also very good at expressing his thought and feelings. He was good at loving his family and friends and providing for them and making sure they lacked nothing. He was very sweet and thoughtful, always doing little gestures to show he cares. He was the best in Jimin's eyes.

Which is why Jungkook decided they were ready. It was why Jungkook enlisted Jin's help to pick out a ring.

They were at a high end jewellery  store, looking around.

"How about that one?" Jin asked as he pointed to a simple diamond studded silver band.

Jungkook went over, "I think he'd prefer something with designs rather than diamonds. He doesn't wear jewellery that food can easily get into. The diamonds could be discoloured with something."

Jin frowned looking at his own simple band. "I never thought about that actually. I don't think they're made to snag food and all that."

JK shrugged, "You ever seen Jimin in diamonds?"

"That isn't the point. Get him something flashy for the engagement then give him the boring band for the wedding." Jin sassed.

"Boring?" JK deadpanned.