31🏥

Jungkook had literally panicked. The phone had fell from his fingers.

His loss?

For a while he just sat there. He couldn't breathe, he couldn't think.

Then like a wave, it came. It knocked him down, knifed it's way into his heart.

He shook his head frantically. He rushed off the bed, grabbing up his phone to see Rose had hung up.

His mind going a mile a minute, he scooped up a sleeping Jikari, leaving Yungwon. In his haze he remembered he had to take Jik to the station, so he just thought to take her with him.

He was honestly running on autopilot. He didnt even tell Nana he was leaving.

Jikari had began to whine as he placed her in the back seat, but she barely woke up. He knew she was really tired from crying and barely sleeping.

He got in the car and drove to the hospital.

He could feel his hands trembling all the way there. He quickly parked the car and scooped up a sleepy Jikari, rushing inside.

He went to the floor he knew Rose worked. He spotted the lady at the nurses' station.

"Rose? What's going on?" Jungkook steeled himself for anything that was to come.

The woman looked up at him, sad eyes forming, "Room 12."

Somehow, Jungkook felt relieved. It was wrong, but he was glad it wasn't Jimin.

He headed towards the room and pushed the door open.

"Mr. Jeo-I mean...Jungkook!"

"Manuel. I'm really sorry for your loss." Jungkook went over beside the man who was holding his mother's hand.

"It's okay. She fought long and hard. I should thank you, for everything." Manuel said as he bowed slightly.

"Teresa was a strong woman. And it's no problem at all, any friend of Jimin's is a friend of mine." JK felt when Jikari lifted her head. Then all too suddenly, she began to cry.

"I'm sorry but I have to go. I'll take care of anything you need. We'll talk soon okay?" Jungkook said as he tried to hush the crying girl.

Manuel didn't bother to lift his head as he hummed in response.

JK rushed out, "Jikari what's the matter?"

"Daddy I want to go home! Please!" Jikari wailed.

Jungkook sighed, "I'm sorry my love. But we need to go to the police station first sweetheart. Are you up for that?"

"Daddy I want Pa. I want to see Papa." Jikari sniffled.

Jungkook felt his emotions wash over him. Jimin would probably not even answer his call, but he took out his phone anyway.

He dialled his number and it rang straight to voicemail. He rang it several times before he ultimately gave up. He knew Jimin would have left work by now.

He texted his head of security who informed him that Jimin hadn't returned home. JK sighed heavily.

He placed Jikari in the car and headed off to the police station.

How could he tell her that Jimin probably no longer wanted to see any of them again?

The whole time at the station went by in a blur. It was probably due to the fact that Jungkook's focus was on how he would make it up to Jimin.

He barely listened as Jikari answered few questions. He barely listened when they had informed him the couple had made sure to go in a blind spot so they didn't catch them on camera.