33💣

Jimin looked around the room. It was his first time in it. The white walls were decorated with certificates, shelves of books lay neatly, a desk and chair was in the far corner of the room.

Over where he sat, there was a couch with a chair facing it. Jimin occupied the couch. He sat there, unmoving.

He waited for the woman. The woman who knew his fears. The woman who could make or break him.

It should have terrified him. But it didn't. It didn't because he chose to be there. After basically half a year he had yet to find out how he really felt about what had become of his life.

Shrink after shrink. Apology after apology. His numbness had prevailed. His fears had still haunted him. His trust was a severed string, dangling in the air.

"So sorry about that Mr. Park. You can continue with your story." The woman, Mrs. Choi, came in and sat on the chair in front of him.

Jimin chuckled lightly, "It does sound like a story doesn't it? It sounds like a work of fiction. Like some author with a wild imagination decided to write a story about my chaotic life." Jimin huffed, "I guess if they were trying to get drama, mystery and romance all in one they succeeded. Readers would love this I'm sure."

"Is that how you consider your life to be now? Chaotic?" Mrs. Choi asked.

Jimin nodded.

The woman looked thoughtful, "Well let's talk about the past first. Continue from where you left off."

"Ah, yes. The mystery of Jimin's kidnapping. Tsk! Mrs. Choi, all I can say is that day, there was bombshell after bombshell. Revelations that were so out of this world that no one had seen them coming."

"Let's go back to that time Jimin."

The orange haired man shrugged as he recalled the events from several months ago.

•••

Heavy.

His eyelids felt much too heavy as he tried to lift them.

At first, his mind was empty, not recalling anything or anyone.

For a moment, all he heard was ghostly silence. He focused his efforts on moving his arms and legs.

Heavy.

His body felt like it was secured to something.

Once again, he tried to open his eyes with all his might.

They fluttered, blurred outlines focusing as he blinked rapidly, adjusting to the natural light streaming into the room.

It was then that his mind began to work. He looked around quickly. He was in a fancy room, strapped to a bed in the centre.

He remembered what had happened prior.

His panic began to rise. Where the hell was he?

Heavy.

Somehow his tongue felt much too heavy in his mouth. He cleared his throat, grimacing at the dryness that scratched at him.

His heart lurched when he heard the door directly in front of him open.

It was a lady in a maid outfit.

"Oh, you're awake!" She squealed when she saw him and rushed out of the room.

Jimin wanted to scream, but was met with a disappointing, feeble whisper that left his lips.

He pulled at the straps that held him down, his worry nipping at him once again.