23⛈

The day reflected Jungkook's mood. The rain was pouring and the thunder and lightning was making Jikari tremble with fear.

The house was dark and gloomy. The rumble of the rain on the roof was loud and unrelenting, creating an eerie echo throughout the empty house.

They were curled up on Jungkook's bed, alone. It was 1 in the afternoon but it looked like midnight outside because of how dark it was. Jimin had yet to call or come home. Jungkook still couldn't get through to his phone and he was worried sick.

At that point, an idea popped into his head. He grabbed his phone and scrolled through his contacts. He clicked the contact and placed the phone to his ear. He glanced at Jik who had finally settled down and drifted to sleep.

"Jin? Hey."

"Oh hello Jungkook. What's up?"

"Is Yungwon still there?"

"Oh yes. Namjoon's taking him to school tomorrow. Is Jimin okay? He said he wasn't feeling too well."

"He called you?"

"No he dropped by yesterday with some clothes for YW. He looked a little down though. What's going on?"

"He...I...nothing. I hope you guys are okay. How's the baby?"

"Oh he's wonderful. He's so amazingly adorable JK."

"I'm glad. I'll catch you later okay? Tell YW I said hey."

"Okay see you."

JK hung up.

He looked out the window. It seemed too rough to take Jikari out into that weather. But he was really worried about his baby boy.

JK looked to his daughter. He sighed. Hopefully the rain would die down soon.

He laid there for about half hour, watching the rain.

A loud rumble zapped through the house, causing Jik to flinch roughly. She was so shaken she began to cry.

"Shhh it's okay baby. Daddy's here."

"Daddy where is Pa? I want Papa Daddy!" She cried loudly, thrashing about.

"Jikari please calm down. He's not here right now. Please understand baby." He tried to soothe the little one.

"No daddy. Please. Can't we go to him? I miss him! I want Pa!" Jikari cried and cried.

"Jik it's raining. How about we wait til it eases up a little okay?"

Jikari sniffled. "I want Pa." She spoke softly. "He isn't here because of me right Daddy?"

Jungkook gathered the little girl in his arms. "No baby. It's not because of you at all. Pa just needs some time. He thought he lost you baby, he's just really sad."

"But I'm okay. I promised to never do it again."

"I know sweet girl." He rocked her back and forth. He sighed and looked out the window.

Fuck this. He needed to go after his baby.

"If we bundle you up really tightly then I think we can make it," Jikari smiled at him with big hopeful eyes. She nodded vigorously and hopped off the bed, running to her room.

•••

Jimin was curled up in a ball on the sofa as he watched a sappy romantic comedy. The rain was pouring and he was feeling cold and lonely. He missed Jungkook and Jikari. He missed his son who he could have cuddled with.

But he wasn't ready to face the world just yet. He just couldn't forgive himself for losing someone else's child. What would Jin think if he found out? He'd never let Taemin stay over.