9🍨

The kids were running around in the park, chasing a dog that they had befriended.

Jimin and JK sat on a bench where they could see them.

"You look beautiful in that sweater Jimin."

Jimin turned to him and beamed happily. "I prettied up because I was going to see Yoongi. He actually told me he liked the sweater and it looks good on me. I couldn't believe it."

Jungkook's lip twitched, he bit the inside of his cheek. There was a strange feeling that washed over him like a wave. Here we go again with this Yoongi guy. Jimin really seemed to be into him and they literally just met. He tried to steer the conversation away from Jimin's crush.

"The kids really like hanging out with each other. They like dogs too."

"Yeah. They really do. Maybe one of us should get a dog." Jimin then giggled, "Or we could both get one and co-parent it."

Jungkook perked up, "That sounds like a great idea."

Jimin whipped around to look at him,"What? I was joking Kookie. That's crazy."

"Why is it crazy?"

"Why would we get a dog together? We...we...that's just...how would that even work?"

"Like you said. We'd co-parent. We'd work out a schedule. You have him for a time and I have him for a time. We'd come over and see him however often. Come to think of it. You've never been to my house. So, I'm formally inviting you to my house for dinner this Saturday. You said you were off. You and Yungie can spend the day. Plus we have a pool. We can have a pool play date."

Jimin looked at him as if he was crazy. He suddenly began laughing. "You are not serious right now."

"I am."

"Jungkook! I'm okay with coming over that's fine. But the dog thing. It's a no." Jimin focused back on the kids.

"Do you want me to run this by our kids?"

Jimin's eyes widened, he didn't even realize JK had said "our" kids. "Don't you dare! You know they'll agree. Then I'd be the bad guy!

Jungkook swallowed, glad Jimin didn't catch on. Although there was really nothing to catch on to since the kids were basically theirs, albeit only one belonged to each.

"That's the point Jimin. If I stick them on you it's almost impossible for you to say no."

"Jungkook. We've barely known each other a month. Please don't do this. Can't we just wait a little while. This is so sudden. I feel like I just had a one night stand and found out I was pregnant!"

Jungkook chuckled. He decided Jimin was right. Things were going pretty fast in terms of them intertwining their lives. But their connection was too obvious to ignore. It was just the simple fact that even though they were great friends, it seemed they would be nothing more.

"Alright. You win for now. I guess we should see how this goes. I don't want something to go wrong and the kids end up being disappointed."

"Exactly. We shouldn't rush this. They're fine right now. It's crazy how well they click even with their age difference."

"I'm guessing it's because Yungie is so in touch with his feminine side."

"I think so too. Jik is good for him. She's like the sister he never had."

JK nodded. They both smiled as their kids sat on the grass playing a hand game. They were giggling happily and it made their parents beam with delight.