𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗡𝗲𝘄 𝗗𝗔𝗗𝗔 𝗣𝗿𝗼𝗳𝗲𝘀𝘀𝗼𝗿

ISAAC SIGHED AS HE PUT ON his robes. It was the start of their classes and he already dreaded it. Yes he loves reading, and yes he's smart but he doesn't fully love school.

The only subjects he actually does love is Transfiguration, Charms, and Defense Against the Dark Arts. He excelled in all three and was average for the rest.

"Mate, have you been hanging out with Hermione Granger?" Isaac looked towards Thomas who he shared a dorm with. He scoffed and turned towards him with his hands on his hips.

"Yes I have. Is there a problem with that?" Thomas stood up staring and went towards Isaac. He put arm around his shoulder and sighed.

"Yes there is. You should have seen me! I was getting very close with this one Beauxbaton student! I almost got her to date me!" Isaac chuckled at his friend before shaking his head. He reloved Thomas' arm on his shoulder and moved towards the door.

"Honestly Thomas. You should worry about your studies more. That's why you almost failed last year." Thomas shrugged and followed Isaac out.

Now it was their shared class of Defense against the Dark Arts. Isaac was seating beside Hermione as he didn't have anywhere else to sit. Isaac didn't know Proffesor Moody well, but he hoped he wasn't as bad as the old DADA Professors.

But he knew something wrong was going to happen the second he asked Ron for an Unforgivable Curse. As he brought out a creature and enlargened it. He moved it around the students, making them laugh at the reactions.

Isaac didn't like the feeling of what might happen, he didn't think it was funny as it seemed Professor Moody had other plans. He glanced at Hermione to see that she also had the same feeling as he did.

When Professor Moody asked Neville to go up to him. Isaac sighed as he saw that he was inflicting pain to the creature, scaring Neville by a ton. He glanced again at Hermione and saw that she was disturbed by the actions their Professor did.

He held her hand gently in order to comfort her, which it did a little. She looked at his eyes and saw that he was asking her if she was ok.

She shook her head gently and Isaac pursed his lips. He mouthed to her 'i know'. Hermione glanced at Neville again and she winced at the torture Professor Moody was giving him.

Isaac noticed this and held her hand tighter, trying to restrain her. But she couldn't do nothing about it. Neville was scared for Merlin's sake. "Stop it! You're scaring him!"

Moody stopped as soon as he heard Hermione's pleas. He lifted the creature and put it on top of her pile of books. Her eyes were watery showing how much the lesson was affecting her. "Perhaps you could give us the last curse, Ms. Granger."

She shook her head as she couldn't speak, scared that if she did she would sob right out. Isaac gripped her hand tighter as he understood what she felt. He rubbed her knuckles with his thumb as a way of comfort.

The class ended and Hermione ran out of the classroom. She forgot that Isaac was still holding her hand and basically dragged him with her. She stopped in an abandoned classroom and locked the door tightly. She slid down the door and sobbed softly.

She flinched as she felt and arm wrap around her shoulder in a way to comfort her. She looked to her side and saw Isaac there beside her giving her a sad smile. He pulled her closer and let her bury her face on his chest.

He rubbed her back soothingly, silently telling her everything will be alright. She cried uncontrollably and he was there for her. He vowed to himself to try to be there for her. As her friend.