𝗔 𝗟𝗶𝗻𝗲 𝗖𝗿𝗼𝘀𝘀𝗲𝗱

EVERYTHING STARTED TO CHANGE since Dolores Umbridge came to Hogwarts. The Ministry of Magic appointed her to make sure that the school was well handled and followed rules.

Isaac noticed that the changes she's made were worse than he had imagined. She made rules and made sure every student followed them. Like for example, the Weasley twins were playing around with one of their products but Umbridge saw this and confiscated every single product they ever made.

Isaac thought she was being too forceful and strict to them. He didn't understand why she had to make rules about almost every single little thing she deemed unsuitable for the Hogwarts.

But she crossed the line when Isaac saw Professor Trelawney with her bags outside the school. Umbridge was a few feet away from her and she was smiling sadly at the woman, but of course he could tell it was fake.

Professor Trelawney moved a few steps closer to Umbridge and mumbled something incohertly, but soon stated her words with despair. "Sixteen years I've lived and taught here. Hogwarts is my home. You can't do this."

Isaac felt sympathy for the Professor as she stated these words to Umbridge. She has been here longer than the woman herself but was being fired. Umbridge gave her a tight smile and lifted a letter. "Actually I can."

Isaac couldn't hold it in anymore, he went forwards to where Professor Trelawney was and stood infront of her. He glared at the woman infront of him who gave him a questioning look as to why he was interfering. "You can't do this just because you think she is unworthy of teaching in Hogwarts. You fed lies to the Ministry."

Everyone murmured around him, some were murmurs of delight as he defended their teacher but some were murmurs of distaste. Umbridge looked at him with pursed lips and stood straighter, trying but failing to look like the bigger person. Isaac was atleast two head taller than her. "Mr. Diggory, go back in the crowd before I give you detention."

Isaac looked around him but stopped as his eyes caught Hermione's. Her eyes were begging him to step down but he knew that she wanted this too. She wanted someone to fight against Umbridge and put her in the right place. He looked back at her and moved a step closer. "I don't care if you give me detention Professor. But what you are doing with the power you have is distasteful and very ashaming to the Ministry."

Umbridge gaped at him as he stepped another foot forwards and looked at her menacingly. "I may be a Hufflepuff, but that doesn't mean I'm all soft with my Professors or my elders. You are abusing the power and position the Ministry has given you, don't you think?"

He saw from the corner of his eyes that Professor McGonagall approached them and hugged a crying Professor Trelawney. She looked at Umbridge fearfully but gave a stern look to Isaac as she knew he would be in trouble. "You have something to say dear?"

Isaac scoffed as Umbridge ignored him and focused on the older woman behind him. "I have many things I wish to say."

Isaac sighed and gave a sympathetic smile towards Professor Trelawney. She gave him a faint smile before crying again. He looked back towards Umbridge and gave her a hard look. "You don't have the right to remove Professor Trelawney from her job. Sure you have the Ministry's permission, but dors that even show the humanity you still have? Are you sure that what you are doing is important for the well-being for this school? You don't-"

"That is enough Mr. Diggory." Isaac looked up and saw Dumbledores by the entrance of the school. He walked towards them and slowly made his way.

"Professor McGonagall, may I ask you to escort Sybil back inside." The Professor nodded her head at the Headmaster and obeyed his orders. As they passed Dumbledore, Professor Trelawney thanked him and he slightly nodded his head.

When they were nearly inside, Dumbledore looked towards Isaac and motioned him to stand beside him. Isaac obeyed and slowly walked towards Dumbledore and stood beside him. "Dumbledore, may I remind you that under the terms of education decree number 33 as an act by the Minister-"

"You have the right to dissmiss my teachers. You do not have the authority to banish them from the school grounds. That power remains with the Headmaster." Umbridge gave him a smile that felt like she was planning something.

"For now." Isaac looked confused and looked towards Dumbledore whose eyebrow twitched. He put his arm around Isaac's shoulders and turned around, walking towards the entrance of the school.

"Don't you all have studying to do?" He shouted for everyone to hear and soon every student hurried to their classes. Isaac looked at Dumbledore, about to say something when he gave him a stern look and stated that he needed to talk to him.

Isaac could hear Harry's shouts for Dumbledore but the Headmaster ignored them and continued on to his office with Isaac in tow.