𝗛𝗼𝘀𝗽𝗶𝘁𝗮𝗹 𝗪𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗦𝘂𝗱𝗱𝗲𝗻 𝗖𝗼𝗻𝗳𝗲𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀

HERMIONE COULDN'T STOP WORRYING about Isaac as she continued to watch his sleeping form. Its been 2 days since he fainted directly infront of the door.

She still remembered how worried she felt when he suddenly dropped down to the snow before he could even close the door. They immediately brought him to the Hospital Wing in Hogwarts and she has visited him since.

Well she didn't really have a choice when she did have classes to attend. But when she had her free periods or when it was lunch, she'd go directly here and stay by his side waiting for him to wake up.

Although she also pondered on her feelings for Isaac. Hermione was aware that she had feelings for Isaac, but she already made a decision a year ago. She saw how distraught he was when he lost his brother two years ago and just last year he had lost his mother and a man he thought of as a brother.

She didn't want to burden him. She didn't want him to worry about her, to be concerned for her. She didn't want him to cry when she did die. But hell, she couldn't ignore those feelings.

No matter how much she tried to force herself to like Ron, her feelings for Isaac would gravitate back towards her heart and she'd have to somehow pull them back down again. Hermione wasn't even sure if he liked her or not. She did not want to find out though as she knew she wouldn't be able to resist.

But then another problem occurred just recently. She was starting to hate Lavender Brown's growing crush on Ron. She didn't even know if it was because she liked Ron.

Hermione sighed as she stared at him longingly. She saw his hair was quite messy, so she reached up hesitantly and with her fingers she brushed the loose strand back into place.

Isaac flinched at how cold her fingertips were. Hermione drew her fingers back, seeing if he woke up. He flinched again in his sleep and started mumbling incoherent words.

Hermione leaned in a bit closer so that she could atleast get a hint of what he was saying. Her eyes widened at the sentence he had said.

"Hermione... must run... run... no... protect.."

She looked at him with furrowed eyebrows and tried to shake him awake, thinking he was having a nightmare.

Sadly he didn't wake up from his slumber as he started to move around in his bed. Hermione started to worry for him and she resulted into shaking him harder. "Isaac, it's me Hermione. Wake up! I'm right here."

"No... must protect... 'mione. Must..."

She was starting to get very worried now as he started mumbling even more and shaking like a leaf. She shook him violently, trying desperately to wake him up. "Isaac! Wake up! Wake up Isaac!"

His grey eyes snapped open as he finally woke up from his nightmare. He sat up straight, panting and sweating as if he just ran a marathon. His normally shining grey eyes were now plagued with darkness.

Isaac shakily looked towards his right and saw Hermione, safe and sound. He sighed in relief.

Hermione continued to watch Isaac as he started to realize it was all a dream. When he seemed to finally grasp reality, he reached out to her with his arms open. She obliged and moved to sit on the bed and hugged him back. It didn't matter that he was sweating or the fact that he smelled horrible.

She whispered comforting words into his ear as he hugged her tightly. He breathed in deeply and snuggled into the crook of her neck. Despite the fact that she was embarrassed and a bit flustered at their postition, she pulled him closer to her and started playing with the hair on the back of his neck.

A thousand thoughts were running through Isaac's mind at the moment. The most prominent one being Hermione. Here, by his side. Comforting him and hugging him.

All thoughts about his previous nightmares subsided at the feeling of Hermione comforting him with a warm and tight embrace.

Finally realizing what was happening, Isaac slowly pulled her away from the hug and looked away shyly. He also realized that he wasn't actually wearing a shirt. He blushed deeply and pulled the covers a bit higher.

Hermione noticed this and blushed as she too realized he wasn't wearing anything ontop. She looked down at her fingers as they fidgeted. Isaac realized that they would just sit here in an awkward silence, so he compossed himself and smiled sadly at her.

"I'm sorry for that... I didn't actually think they'd come back..." Hermione's interest peeked at the sudden revelation. She moved a bit closer to him, now being right infront of him.

"What do you mean 'come back'?" Isaac's breath hitched at the sudden question. He rubbed the back of his neck nervously and chuckled lowly.

"I did say that huh..." Hermione gave him a look that said don't try to lie. Isaac smiled nervously before clearing his throat.

"I... hmm how should I start." He chuckled nervously and rubbed his nape. Hermione noticed his hesitance and gently grabbed his hand, trying to ease his mind.

Isaac gave her a grateful smile, relishing the feeling of her hand in his. He breathed in deeply before letting out a shaky breath. "Ever since my brother's death... I've been having these nightmares. No one knows about them since I've been keeping it to myself..."

Isaac sighed deeply and ran a hand through his blonde hair. "Those nightmares... they always seem to be what would happen. In the future. And seeing it, watching it, it hurts me."

Hermione moved to sit beside him, Isaac moved to his right to give her space on the bed. She leaned her head on his shoulder, looking at their interlocked hands as Isaac continued to explain.

"So eventually... I stopped sleeping. I couldn't bare to see my family die and you." Hermione looked up at him, lifting her head from his shoulder. She looked at him with a slight frown as she held his hand with both of hers.

"What do you mean me?" Isaac's breath hitched as he realized what he had just said. He brought his free hand up to his mouth, showing Hermione that he didn't mean to say it out loud.

He hesitated to look at her, knowing fully well he'd most likely give her an answer. He cursed silently into his hand before slowly putting it down, facing her slowly.

The first thing he saw was her angelic face. He stared into her eyes, honey brown clashing with his stormy grey. Hermione stared back, wanting to know what he meant, needing to know how he felt.

Finally mustering the courage to answer her, Isaac moved his head a bit closer to hers knocking their foreheads together.

"It means I care about you. A lot more than you know."

Hermione's breath hitched at his sudden confession. Her eyes were wide, Isaac would have laughed at how cute she was if the situation wasn't serious.

Hermione wouldn't have been shocked at his words

As she was about to reply, Madam Pomfrey pulled the curtains to the side and gasped. "Mr. Diggory your awake! Oh Ms Granger you're still here? Your classes have already started!"

Flustered and very embarrassed, Hermione immediately stood up and leaves her spot. She grabs her bag hurriedly and fixes herself a bit before saying a quick farewell to Isaac, not looking back.