𝗗𝗲𝘁𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗦𝗼𝗼𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗛𝘂𝗺𝘀

ISAAC KNOCKED ON THE DOOR of Professor Umbridge's office. He heard a muffled come in and opened the door. The Professor smiled at him

"Good afternoon Mr. Diggory. Have a seat." Isaac obliged with his professor. He didn't want to get into even more trouble as it is.

He looked around her room and saw that almost the whole room was pink. There were plates that had magical pictures of cats. Isaac looked at it weirdly and sat down on a chair.

"Today you will be doing lines." Isaac nodded at her and asked for a quill. She happily gave him a special quill but didn't give ink.

"Professor, you didn't give me any ink." Professor Umbridge smiled at him and walked towards him.

"You won't be needing ink Mr. Diggory. Now go on, write I must follow rules." He sighed and nodded his head. As he was about to write, he remembered that he didn't know how many times he should be writing.

"How many lines should I be writing Professor?" She smiled lightly at him and answered.

"As long as it takes for it to sink in." Isaac nodded and started to write the first sentence. As he was writing, he felt a tingling pain on his left hand but ignored it.

Then it started to hurt even more and he stopped writing to see what was happening to his hand. He then saw the sentence he wrote magically write on his palm. He looked at it with furrowed eyebrows and looked towards Umbridge.

She merely ignored him as she drank her tea, making him question this punishment. He continued to write for about 20 more minutes until she told him to stop and told him he could go.

As soon as he closed his door, he looked at his palm to see about 26 scars that formed a sentence on it. He looked at it for a while before going to his next class, still wondering if what she did was ethical or not.

AFTER DINNER

Isaac went to the Astronomy Tower as soon as he changed clothes and waited for Hermione. He was going to tell her about the weird detention he had with Professor Umbridge as he wanted to know if she knew anything about it.

He waited for a few more moments before Hermione came into his view and smiled at him. He felt his heart beat quicken when he saw her smile and he put a hand on his heart.

Hermione approached him, curious as to what he was doing. She sat down beside him and looked at him with raised eyebrow. "Something wrong Isaac?"

He removed his hand from his heart and shook his head. He smiled softly at her and sighed. "Nothing. I was just thinking about the detention I had earlier."

Hermione nodded and told him that Harry did come back from his detention with Umbridge. Isaac asked why he got detention and she said Umbridge told him to not tell lies.

Isaac shared his story about the detention and she quickly looked at his palm and saw the writing. She sighed as she looked at him and grabbed both his hands. "Please tell Dumbledore about this. Harry keeps saying its complicated and won't talk to us about it."

Isaac looked her in the eyes and it held her determination. He sighed and looked away while reloving his hands from hers. "I'd love to Mione, but I know how much Dumbledore is doing and I don't want to trouble him anymore. I've told him about Snape in the second year but he told me that it was alright and not to be bothered by it anymore."

Hermione looked at him with shock as he explained. She thought Dumbledore would have done something about it but he merely told his student to leave it be. She sighed and looked at his again. She read the words that were their and grabbed his hand in both of hers, rubbing the scars gently.

"I'm sorry Isaac. For what you've been going through." Isaac smiled softly and felt her lay her head on his shoulder gently. He sighed and closed his eyes, enjoying the comfortable silence looming around them.

Isaac knew that what he felt for Hermione was nothing like he ever felt before. She always found a way to make him smile, even just rambling to him made him smile. Her now tamed hair was soft and silky, her warm brown eyes that he could stare at all day were all beautiful. Everything about her was beautiful. He just didn't know what to name the feeling.

Hermione on the other hand was thinking about him too. She knew she had different feelings for him, but she thought that they were better of as friends. Sure he was the perfect boyfriend material, kind, loyal, determined, passionate, loveable, and very caring. She didn't know why she did it, but thought it was for the best as she couldn't put a name to these feelings. So she shoved her feelings down as much as possible and stayed silent about them.

Hermione turned to Isaac as she heard him humming a small tune. The hymn was calming, and Hermione would love to listen to it all day.

AN:

the song he was humming is down here btw. think of him hummingn the tune