𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗘𝗻𝗱 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗬𝗲𝗮𝗿

ISAAC DIDN'T TELL HER IN THE END. After she confirmed that she liked Ron, they stayed silent for a while. Isaac was telling himself that it doesn't hurt or that it was meant to be them.

But his heart said other wise. He felt his heart clench tight as he heard those few words come out of her mouth. He stiffened for a while before standing up. You've got to be happy for her man. BE HAPPY!

Isaac shook of the feeling of sadness and jealousy and replaced it with false happiness. He turned to Hermione and faked a smile at her, which he hoped she didn't notice. "That's good then Mione. I'm sorry but I have to go..."

Hermione looked at him with a small smile and nodded. She stood up too and hugged Isaac. He stiffened for a few seconds before relaxing and hugging her back. Her head was nuzzled in his chest and he felt comfortable like this, even if it was just as friends.

"I'll see you next year Isaac. I hope you have a good summer." He smiled at her before letting go of the hug and patting her head once again before leaving the Tower.

As Isaac closed the door, Hermione sighed and sat back down. She did think she liked Ron, sure they bickered all the time but she found him cute and interesting.

At one point she thought she liked Isaac, but she shoved those feelings down as she didn't want it to be awkward between them.

But why does my heart keep telling me that it was all wrong?

THE NEXT DAY

Isaac was packed and ready to go home. He sighed as he remembered his mother's letter and knew his father wouldn't be able to pick him up. He sat on the edge of his bed and looked out the window, thinking about what happened for the past school year.

He lost 2 people he loved dearly and was left with his Father and his friends. He sighed and layed his back on the mattress. He stayed like that for a few minutes until Thomas came barging in the dorm eith a letter in his hand.

"Isaac, you have a letter from your father." He sat up and motioned Thomas to give him the letter. Isaac smiled at him before thanking him and reading the letter.

Dear Isaac,

I know you've probably heard about the news right now and don't worry about me. I'm doing fine son.

Our house has been burned down to ashes so I requested someone to build a new one. But it will take a year or so to finish. For now, you'll be staying at the Weasley's Burrow while I'll stay here in the Ministry.

I'll see you soon my boy.

Love, Your Father

Isaac sighed as he finished the letter. He wasn't going to see his father for a year and they'll only talk through letters. Thomas sat beside him and patter his shoulder in reassurance. "You can stay at mine instead Isaac."

Isaac shook his head and smiled at his best friend. "It's alright Thomas. I can handle going to the Burrow."

"Do you think your father told all of them about your situation?" Isaac sighed and shrugged. He gazed at the window outside as he thought about the question.

"No. I think he told their parents only."

Isaac was going down the stairs towards the train station when he bumped into Ginny. He saw she was struggling with her trunk and smiled at her. "Hey Ginny. You need a hand?"

She smiled at him and shook her head slowly. "I'm fine Isaac. You can go first."

Isaac chuckled at her and shrugged. He walked a few steps down but turned around and grabbed her shrunken trunk and grinned at her. "I'm still helping you, you know."

He ran all the way downstairs and stopped when he was at the bottom. He looked behind him and saw Ginny running towards him with a smile. Isaac smiled at her before they both walked together towards the train.

"So I heard you'll be staying with us for the year?" Isaac nodded and smiled brightly at her.

"Yup. I hope we get along well Ginerva." Ginny looked at him with a raised eyebrow before goggling at him and nodding.

"I hope we get along too Isaac."

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Hey guys! Kelp Brain here. i just wanted to thank you guys for reading my story! But i'm also here to announce that this marks the end of the Fifth Year Arc!

I'm actually going to stop updating for a month as I have been writing tons of chapters for you guys! But i promise i will be back for the next 2 Arcs!