𝗗𝗮𝘁𝗲𝘀 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗗𝗮𝗻𝗰𝗲 𝗣𝗿𝗮𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗰𝗲

IT WAS THE DAY AFTER the First Task ended and everyone was happy nothing really bad happened. Cedric ended up with a second-degree burn which made Isaac relieved his brother didn't have a major case.

Everyone was having lunch at the Great Hall and they were talking about the Yule Ball. The Yule Ball was a formal Christmas ball that was going to be held on Christmas Day. But only the fourth year students and above were allowed to join.

Isaac was happily munching on his chicken and was reading Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them in order to get higher grades in Herbology. Thomas, who was sat infront of him, cleared his throat in order to get the attention of his friend. Isaac looked at Thomas curiously as to know what he had to say.

"Do you have a date to the Yule Ball yet? I have one." Isaac shrugged and continued reading his book. He glanced back at Thomas who was lookingat him expecting an answer.

Isaac sighed and closed his book before thinking about his answer. "I don't have a date yet Thomas. I don't even think I want to go."

Thomas gasped in shock at his best friend. He slapped Isaac on the side of his head and grinned. "You don't have a date yet Isaac?"

Violet sat down beaide him as he rubbed the side of his head that Thomas hit. He smiled at her and glared at Thomas. "Yeah I don't have one yet. Who are you going with Violet?"

"I don't have a date yet. I don't really want to go with any of the people who ask me." Isaac chuckled and patted her shoulder meaningfully. Thomas looked between the both of them in shock. They both were pretty famous in their house yet no one asked them.

"I'm going with Marietta Edgecomb for your information." Violet and Isaac nodded at that and shrugged. Isaac looked at Violet and smiled. She looked at him with a confused look, and as she was about to ask him why he was looking at her like that a noise was heard on the Gryffindor table.

"Is there a bonnet? Aha!" The trio looked towards the table and saw Ron had an old fashioned dress coat with him that had a bonnet. Thomas immediately burst out laughing and was soon followed by Violet who giggled at how cute he looked.

"Ginny I think these are for you."

"They're not for me. They're ghastly." At the comment Isaac burst out laughing and he saw Hermione chuckled a bit too.

"What are you laughing at?"

"They're not for Ginny, they're for you! They're dress robes Ron!" At that almost everyone burst out laughing and Ron frowned and sulked in his seat.

LATER ON

Professor McGonagall had dance lessons for everyone who was going to the Yule Ball. To say it was hell was an understatement. Everyone stepped on their partners toes and some even tripped on their own feet.

Isaac already knew how to waltz as his mother always danced with him in their free time. When he danced with Violet, McGonagall asked him to help out in teaching.

After a few hours of practice, the class was dissmissed and almost everyone was panting. Hermione, Ron and Harry were siting on the benches. They were resting just as much as everyone else was. Music was still playing and Isaac and Violet were still dancing with each other.

Both of them learned together one night when Violet went to his household. They were 12 years old and they were able to learn it fast. As everyone was awestruck at the two, Hermione wondered what it would be like to dance so gracfully like Violet.

Deep down in her heart she felt a twinge of something she couldn't quite name. Even as many thoughts came through her mind, one particular thought was said louder in her head.

What would it feel like to be in Isaac's arms, dancing all night?

She quickly brushed the thought away and sighed. Hermione looked back towards Isaac and Violet and saw that he was enjoying it. She smiled as she took note that he actually liked dancing.

The music stopped, Violet and Isaac were panting softly and were bowing to each other as a sign that the dance ended. They heard cheers around them and Violet blushed in embarrassment. Isaac chuckled at everyone and went to sit on the bench too as he was tired.

He glanced at Violet who was beside him, chugging a bottle of water down. He stared at her for a while before asking her. "Would you like to go to the Yule Ball with me? As friends."

Violet smiled at him before hugging him tightly. As he was too surprised, Isaac sat there frozen. Not knowing if it was a rejection hug or an of course hug. But his thoughts were cut off when she said these six words.

"I'd love to go with you."