chapter 1

I was walking the streets of Chicago well I came here to see an old friend (big brother from another mother) his name is jay Halstead. I haven't spoken to him in a very long time he was like my big brother when we were both over-seas.

You see I was in the U.S Army, i was a Gunnery Sergeant in a marine core unit and I'm sure you guys are aware that Jay of course is army Ranger well was one anyways and our units worked together on many different operations but we did work with other units on different missions but his unit was tight with our unit.

I found out that he is now a police detective in the Chicago police department, where i am now a EMT for the fire and mountain rescue unit in Texas. i was impressed to hear that Jay joined the police force he deserved it, you see jay struggles with PTSD after his last tour, but everyone suffers from it from time to time, i have also been struggling with PTSD for like a year it comes and go.

I forgot to say my name is Dylan Jones, but I was known as phoenix or Texas as that's where I am originally from, Jay always called me "Texas" I remember him and mouse always shouting from the bonfire at the base camp "there's are little Texas sister" and I would always go " ahh there is my big Chicago brothers." and we hug each other and then drink all night and even sing the evening away, aww such great memories we share from back then.

The is a reason I'm here I heard from mouse that Jay wasn't handling things as good as can and he needed a real friend who knows what he is going through.

The fact that his EX - girl Erin left town, and doesn't seem to dealing with it then something happened at work and now he isn't exactly acting like his self, this is where I come in, me and Jay have always had a understanding we have always been able to talk to each other about anything and everything.

I found out from my other Chicago brother mouse that he hangs out in bar called molly's mouse says it's a first responders bar that a friend in the fire department runs it and If I know jay as well as I think that's where I will find him.