savior (Taehyung)

"Taehyung!" Ignoring the calls of his father, he began running around. "Taehyung?" he smiles, running over to the owner of his voice. "Y/n. Man am I glad to see you."

"You have to get ready for dinner tonight, your highness." Y/n was a servant in the castle of Kim. Her mother and father are friends of the king and queen so their friendship wasn't forbidden.

"Oh, screw it. I don't want to-" "Taehyung you know I can't allow you to do that. Come on, love." she motioned. After a while of countless bickering, he eventually caved in and walked into his bedroom. "The maids will have you in the finest suit and your hair will be done."

...

"My son

"My son. You do get your looks from your father, you know?" Taehyung gives a shy laugh, bowing as he sat down at the table. "Y/n, you've done a fine job." "I can't take all the credit, sir. I've had a lot of help." Y/n was a humble one, always modest even when the world is against her. "Plus, Prince Taehyung is a very handsome individual."

Taehyung smiled, a hint of pink on his cheeks as she poured their wine. "That'll be all. Take the rest of the night off, Ms. Y/n." she was shocked, but didn't protest. Bowing as she walked out, the door closes behind her.

"Taehyung, you're 18 now. And I wanted to talk to you about this for a while." Taehyung felt a bit of uneasiness. "What is it sir?" "You're going to have to get married."

.
.
.
.
...

"Married? Father... I don't know." "You can't hold this off any longer, son. It was going to happen sooner or later." he sighs, placing his fork down. "Well, do I have a choice if spouse?"

It was silent in the dining room.

Taehyung began to chuckle halfheartedly "You're telling me.... You're telling me that I have to marry someone that I don't even know? Are you serious right now?" "I told you that he wasn't going to like this..." his mother comments.

"he doesn't have to like this. It's already done." The furious prince shakes his head, pulling out of his chair. "Son! Don't walk away from us." his father shouts. "Excuse me, mother." she grants him and he leaves.

...

"Bethrothed?" Y/n was flabbergasted. "I didn't want this. I never wanted this. I can't marry someone that I never met, Y/n!" She pulls him into a hug. "I'm sorry, your highness."

He felt off. She would only call him that or by his royalties when in front of the royals, not when they were alone. "Whats wrong?" he pulls away, holding her face.

She moves his hand away, clearing her throat. "I'm fine, sir. I'm in good spirits." "You're not being truthful, Y/n." Grabbing the both of her cheeks, he turned her face towards his. "What's wrong?"

He felt warm water on his thumbs, her tears. "Y/n... You know I don't want this -" "I can't compete with a princess, Taehyung. And you have to listen to your family." "Baby-" she stops him, shaking her head. "I love you." Taehyung voice cracks, pressing his head against hers.

"and I you, my prince. But we can't disobey the king. I would rather get hurt than for you to be exiled from your family.." she pressed her lips against his quickly, standing up as she heard footsteps.

Wiping her face, she made sure that the prince looked presentable. "Y/n, head to bed. We have a lot to do in the morning. We wouldn't want to disappoint the princess, now would we?" She gives a fake smile to the king, bowing and walking away. The comment upsets the young royal.

"Is she okay?" the king asked his son. Despite being upset, Y/n always managed to save him from doing something regrettable. "She's heartbroken..." he answered, clearing his sinuses. "She won't admit it to me... But she's hurt."

Taehyung managed to blank out as his father went on and on about the itinerary for the morning. The look of sadness on the love of his life forever a memory in his mind.