Chapter Twenty Four

After the party, Callum stayed at my place for the rest of the weekend, helping me clean up before my dad and Eliza came home. Though most of their friends were here, both Mel and Justin went awol, leaving the mess us to clean alone.

For the past few days, it seemed like Justin was activity avoiding me. I wanted to speak to him about what went on at my party, but anytime I'd see him at home, he'd run in the other direction. At school, it was like he didn't even exist. I hadn't seen him around any of his football friends lately and he seemed to be distancing himself from everyone.

I begged Callum not to confront him, I couldn't deal with anymore conflict in my life. After some convincing, Callum agreed not to do anything as long as Justin stayed away, which he had been. I wanted to move on and forget about everything that had went on, and Callum felt the same way. After a long week of school and work I was barely able to spend time with Callum, but it was finally Friday and also Callum's birthday, so I was at his house celebrating with him and his family.

"I hope you like it sweetheart, it's from your dad and I." Darcy said, nervously handing Callum a small gift box.

He smiled at his parents before opening it cautiously. He gasped, and I peered over his shoulder to see the contents of the box. It was a dog tag and chain, with writing on it, but I couldn't see it what it read.

"I kept it for so long to remind me of him, but I know he would've wanted you to have it." She said, blinking back tears. Connor rubbed her back soothingly.

"It was my brothers." Callum said to me, as he too tried to hold tears back.

"That's lovely." I said, taking his hand and holding it tightly.

He nodded and turned to his parents. "Thank you guys so much. I love it."

I let go of his hand, and they both hugged him closely. Sara seemed oblivious to everything that was going on, and observed them hesitantly.

"Open mine! Open mine!" Sara shouted, jumping up and down as she pleaded for Callum to open up the present she got him.

"Fine." He laughed, as he unwrapped the gift. When he opened it, I was shocked to see that it was a black barbie doll with, long curly hair.

"Uhh thank you?" Callum said, staring down at the doll.

"The barbie is Dylan, so you can play with her anytime you miss the real Dylan. And I get to play with her too, only sometimes." Sara had a wide grin on her face as she looked back and forth from me to Callum.

Callum's parents, Callum, and I all burst out laughing simultaneously. I doubled over, holding my stomach and laughed uncontrollably. After a good two minutes of dying, the laughter died down enough for us to finally notice that Sara was unamused. Her arms were crossed and she had the cutest pout on her adorable little face.

"What is so funny?!" She demanded.

I bit my lip not wanting to laugh and upset her even further.

"Sorry for laughing sis, I love this gift." Callum smiled, holding the doll to his chest. I could see that he was still biting back a laugh.

"No you don't, you're laughing at me. Give it back!" Sara said, snatching the barbie doll out of Callum's hands and running upstairs.

"Now I feel bad for laughing." I frowned. "I'm gonna go check on her."

"It's okay, I got it. She'll calm down in a bit, the girl is just bloody dramatic." Callum's dad, Connor said, shaking his head and walking towards the stairs after Sara.

"You two ready for cake?" Darcy asked, a bright smile on her face.

I nodded, smiling back, and Callum replied "Of course." So she went into the kitchen to retrieve the cake.