Chapter Fourty Three

Callum's POV

As I checked the door that Dylan had scurried out of for the hundredth time, I knew that something was wrong. She had been gone for almost 20 minutes now, and it was starting to worry me. Finally, I got up and went to her family's table.

"Do you know where Dylan is?" I asked her dad.

"I'm pretty sure she's in the bathroom." He said.

"She's been gone a while, don't you think?"

"You can't spend five minutes without your precious Dylan?" Mel commented from across the table.

"No, no I can't." I responded bluntly.

I walked away from their table, and went to grab Amy.

"Can you come with me, I need you to check on Dylan in the bathroom." I said to her.

"Sure, no problem." She replied.

"I'll come too." Nessa said, jumping to her feet.

The three of us walked out of the ballroom and followed the directions to the women's restroom.

"Let me know if she's okay." I told them before they walked into the bathroom.

I stood outside of the door, waiting impatiently, on the verge of going into the bathroom myself. Just as I started to pull the door open, Amy and Nessa came out.

"So?" I asked anxiously, observing their somber faces.

"She wasn't in there." Nessa said.

Amy held open her hand to me, revealing Dylan's charm bracelet.

"I found it under the sink. There was blood on the floor."

I blinked rapidly as I felt tears building up in my eyes. I took the bracelet from Amy, and burst into the bathroom, pushing all of the stalls open.

"Dylan! Dylan!" I yelled, looking around frantically. I looked on the ground, and indeed there were three droplets of blood splattered on the floor.

I immediately pulled out my phone and called the police.

"So, we attempted to view the security tapes but they seemed to have been erased." The officer said.

My heart was beating out of my chest, and I felt like I was going to throw up.

"Are you sure that she didn't just leave?" He asked us.

"Leave? What do you mean leave? Her boyfriend brought her here, she doesn't have her purse or cellphone? How the hell could she have left?!" Judge Gold shouted at the officer.

"Sir please calm down, we're doing the best we can." He said.

"Don't tell him to calm down! My girlfriend is missing and was clearly taken! You guys aren't doing anything to find her!" I yelled, feeling my blood boil.

The cop took a step towards me angrily, but his partner held him back.

"Does Dylan have any enemies or someone that would want to cause her harm?" The other cop asked all of us.

"Well you can start by questioning those two!" Dylan's grandma demanded, pointing at Eliza and Mel. "They despise my granddaughter, I'm sure they have something to do with this!"

Eliza gasped, holding her protruding belly. "What a terrible thing to say, we had nothing to do with this! How could you say that?! We were in the ballroom, right by you when she disappeared."

"That doesn't mean anything." Helena said, rolling her eyes.

"Enough!" Mr Gold yelled. He turned to Eliza, pointing his finger in her face. "If you had anything to do with my daughter's disappearance the police will be the least of your worries."