Holiday time

A few hours later I open the front door to Valarie's home. I make my way quietly to the kitchen. Someone wraps their arm around my throat strangling me. I recognize them immediately.

'Vala...' I struggle to get out so I tap her arm.

'Raven,' she drops me.

'Holy fuck. Remind me to knock on the door next time,' I rub at my neck wincing a little as I feel a bruise coming.

'Raven I am so sorry,' she kneels down and without warning she rubs her hand on my neck. Whilst rubbing it I feel it healing. 'I am so sorry.'

'Stop saying sorry. Maybe next time tell the intruder you are about to wrap your goddess arms around their neck.'

Someone else walks in and we turn around to face them.

'God dammit what happened here?'

'Your wife almost killed me,' I say.

'I did not!'

'Valarie. Why?'

'I thought she was an intruder, so put her in a head lock and tried to kill her. But in my defence, she should have knocked.'

I watch Valarie warily as she eyes my neck again. She steps forwards and wraps her hand around my neck again.

'Hey you already tried to kill me!' I protest but she only rolls her eyes and more healing magic flows through me.

'Alright go to bed and knock next time,' she tells me while laughing and picking me up. I glare down at her but she only drops me, smiles and walks away.

'Oh and Valarie, do you have something that belongs to me?' I call out after her.

'Ha. No!' she replies and enters her room. I roll my eyes. Liar. I open the door to the study and lie down on the bed.

My eyes flicker open as someone...Valarie leaves the room laughing. I sit up stretching but remain quiet as I hear her talking.

'I am so tired,' she complains to someone as she rubs her stomach. 'I am not even showing and I am tired.'

'You should go into town, and do some retail therapy,' Alec suggests.

'Not without me,' I say as I enter the kitchen.

'Were you ears dropping?' Val asks.

'No,' I smirk.

'Anyway Alec, I don't think it will be a good idea.'

'I suggest you go on a holiday,' I pipe up.

'What?' They both turn to me confused.

'The Maldives. I remember you talking to Alec about taking the kids there.'

'Do you really think that would be a good idea?' Val asks puzzled.

'I do. It would help you relax.'

'Okay fine. I will talk to my father about it,' she says.

I nod in agreement then turns towards the front door.

'Hold up you haven't eaten anything yet.'

I shrug. 'I'll grab something later,' I call over my shoulder as my hand wraps around the cold door handle. I open it and walk out into...snow.

'WHAT THE HELL?'I hear Valarie shout behind me.

I turn to her. 'This wasn't me. This is your real American snow,' I say as I jump out into the snow laughing as I sink a few centimeters. I leave and turn invisible.