~13~

Tristan

After showering, I decided to check on Jesse so I went to my room to ask him if he needed anything else. I decided to give him my room to sleep in since he seemed to like it and also compared to other rooms in this house, I think mine is a little more comfortable.

I knocked on the door. "Jesse...are you done?"

I heard a faint 'yeah' and 'it's open' as a reply so I decided to open the door and let myself in. 

My eyes fell on Jesse as soon as I entered the room. I froze on my spot as I looked at him. 

He was sitting on my bed and… 

"Uhh.... The sweatpants don't fit... Umm... I-It was sliding off..." He said with a nervous chuckle slipping past his lips. I watched his unsuccessful attempt to pull down the shirt to cover himself as much as possible. 

I gulped. He was only wearing the shirt and a boxer brief. The shirt was way too big for him. It only reached down to his midthigh. It covered the boxers but let everything else bare. The collar of the shirt was really wide. It was sliding down his shoulders, exposing his collarbone and milky white skin… 

I didn't know he had such a…. smooth skin… 

That sounds weird. I can't believe I'm saying this about a guy. This is so weird. He's a guy but… his skin is so smooth and clear. 

He looked up to me, his damp hair falling into his almond eyes

He looked up to me, his damp hair falling into his almond eyes. His fingers were fiddling with the hem of his shirt that rested on his thighs. God…His thighs….How are they so thic What the heck am I even thinking?! 

Fuck, I'm having weird thoughts now. I need to clear my head. 

He quickly looked away from me, his face turning red. Did he hear what I was thinking? Oh god, I hope not. That would be so awkward. 

Even in the night, anyone could see Jesse's blushing face. I wonder why he's blushing? I didn't even say anything. 

Did he see my expression? 

I wondered for a moment before realization hit me. I'm not wearing a shirt. Shit! I'm used to walking around shirtless at home. It might have made him uncomfortable. 

"Uhh...I'm sorry, that was the only smaller one I had...You don't have to wear them...I don't mind," I chuckled awkwardly. "And you can sleep here. I will be in the next room. Call me if you need anything, okay?" I said, scratching the back of my neck. 

Why does everything feel so awkward now? 

He looked nervous but nodded and whispered an 'okay' in reply. 

"Okay, good night then, " I smiled. 

"Good night, " He said and gave me a little wave. 

I did the same before I walked out of the room. 

I sighed and I was about to enter the next room and throw myself on the bed when the power suddenly went out. 

"AHH!!"

I almost jumped up in surprise when I heard Jesse scream. 

What happened?! 

I quickly opened my bedroom door and looked around frantically. Did he fall? Did he hurt himself? What's happening? 

"T-Tristan?! Tristan! Please come back! Tristan, where are you?" I heard him cry out as I ran to him. It was dark but I could still see him. He was sitting curled up on the bed, trembling like crazy. 

"T-Tristan? I-Is that you? " He stuttered out. 

"Yeah, it's me. Jesse, are you alright? What happened?" I said, walking up to him worriedly. Just as I was in his reach, he glued himself to my chest, hugging me tightly.

I stumbled back a little in surprise but Jesse was holding on to me like a leech. I hesitantly hugged him back, not knowing what else to do. 

"Are you hurt, Jesse?" 

"N-No, " I heard a shaky reply. 

I was about to ask him why he screamed but I closed my mouth when I felt warm tears touch my chest. 

"Umm... Jesse? Are you afraid of the dark? " I asked, looking down at him. 

Jesse was silent for a minute before he spoke up. "Y-Yeah," He breathed out. "And the thunder and l-lightning...I was really....scared...I-I'm s-sorry, " He said in between sobs. He was so scared that he was crying. No wonder he looked so nervous earlier. 

"Hey...it's okay... I'm here. Don't worry, I won't leave you alone..." I said, trying to soothe him. 

"Take deep breaths and try to calm down, okay?" I felt him nod and try to inhale deep breaths. After a minute, his sobs turned into quiet sniffles. 

He let me go and stepped back. I smiled at him. 

"I-I'm sorry. " He said quietly. I think he was a little embarrassed about this whole thing. 

Poor guy must be scared of thunder and lightning. I think that's why he looked so nervous. He tried to act brave but the power going out must've scared him so much. 

"It's okay, don't worry about it. Now, let's go and turn on the inverter. Umm... You can hold my hand if you're afraid,"  I extended my hand towards him. Jesse hesitated for a minute before he hesitantly took my hand. 

We went to the storeroom and turned on the inverter. The house lit up like it was before but he didn't let my hand go. I think he didn't want to be left alone right now so I decided to take him to my bedroom. 

I wanted to make sure he was all calm and collected before going to sleep.