~82~

Dylan 

Did you hear that sound?

That was my heart breaking. 

I'm so stupid.

I looked down as I felt my vision blur. I blinked away the tears. I'm not going to cry. That would only make me seem even more pathetic

"She's here, I will introduce her to you," Jake said as he looked behind him. "Aleesha, come over here!" A girl suddenly turned around as he shouted. Her face lit up when she saw Jake. She didn't waste a second before standing up and rushing towards him. 

She has tanned skin and light brown eyes. Her wavy brown hair went down to her hips making her seem like she just walked out of a magazine. 

She's so gorgeous, just like him. 

They.........

They are perfect together.

Jake kissed her cheek as soon as she came to him. "Guys, this is Aleesha," He introduced her with a bright smile. "Aleesha, this is Tristan, Jesse, and Dylan. They're my friends," Jake back hugged her while he pointed at each one of us. 

Aleesha smiled. "It's nice to meet you, guys." Tristan and Jesse greeted her back and muttered a  congratulation. I know they're worried about me. 

I couldn't talk, I'm afraid I might cry if I say something. No matter how much I hated what was happening, I couldn't be rude to them so I gave her a tiny wave and tried to put on a small smile. 

My lips were quivering, I hope she didn't see that... 

I slowly peeked at Jake. He was smiling at Aleesha, his cheeks tinted red. He must really like her....

"We've been on a few dates and I wanted to tell you guys so bad but I wasn't really sure about it then." He scratched his neck. "Aleesha is the one who confessed, this watch is the gift she gave me then." He smiled as he happily showed us his watch. 

So that was her gift? 

It looks expensive.....

I could never buy anything like that....... 

And here I was to confess to him. 

I'm so pathetic. 

What was I thinking? 

Jake is way out of my league. He belongs with people who have money and class. 

I could never give him gifts like this. I could never make him happy like this. 

But I like him.... 

"What were you about to say, Dylan?" Jake asked me.

I felt my throat close as I turned pale as a ghost. I opened and closed my mouth like a fish out of water. "O-Oh... Umm-it's...it's n-othing serious haha.. I-I forgot a-about it. " Shit! My voice broke!  I hope he didn't notice. 

He didn't notice. 

He was too busy admiring his girlfriend. 

I looked down. I feel so crushed. Like there's something broken inside me.  I can feel it.

I can't breathe because of the pain. 

I was so afraid that I might cry if I took a deep breath. I felt suffocated just standing there. I wanted to run away, escape from this situation as soon as possible.