(34) Nap Time

((I finally posted, whoop whoop. My apologies that I'm not a consistent updater.))

Keith helped Hunk clean up after dinner, and ignored all of Lance's whining about it. "You two can go do whatever you want now, thanks for helping out Keith." Hunk stated as he dried his hands off. Keith nodded before heading out into the living room, he had heard what he thought was music but was a little confused once he saw Shiro and Pidge dancing? The music was pretty loud, but it seemed like a good song to dance to. ((Just b t w they're listening to Greek Tragedy)) Keith looked behind him at Lance and Lance just nodded, silently answering Keith's question of whether what Shiro and Pidge was doing was dancing or not.

"Oh hey guys, wanna join us?!" Pidge asked, but she was already leading Keith by the hand further into the living room. Lance had no issue getting into the music but Keith didn't really know what kind of dancing they were doing, there wasn't much order. Back home it's very formal and most dances require partners but.. this was very different.

Lance could tell Keith was a little lost so he danced his way over to Keith, doing a careful spin before he took Keith's hands in his own. "Ready?~" Lance asked as he got ready to show Keith how to dance freely like the others. "There is no order or anything, just.. F e e l the music." Lance added with a goofy grin on his face as Keith looked like he was starting to understand. Lance gently spun Keith in, then out, just as they had plenty of times before. "Now you're getting a hang of it!!" Shiro stated. They parted to dance their own way, after a bit the song ended and Keith tugged on Lance's shirt. "Yes kitten?~ Wanna call it a night?" Lance asked, but he could tell his little omega was tired and probably wanted to go to bed. Keith rested his forehead against Lance's chest, and that was enough of an answer for Lance so he scooped Keith up in his arms. "We're heading to bed, goodnight guys!" Lance stated over the music, Takashi and Pidge nodded and each said a 'Goodnight!'. Keith kind of felt bad because Lance didn't have to go to bed too, he could stay and keep dancing.

. . .

The next morning Keith woke up feeling as if he was being boiled alive, he sat up and looked around. Lance was nowhere to be seen, probably got up to eat breakfast or something. Good. Keith scurried over to the door and locked it, then he desperately dug through his bag for his suppressants. He knew his heat was either starting or going to start very soon but once he found his jar, he found that there was only one suppressant left. Keith cursed under his breath as he took the suppressant with him to the bathroom so he could take it with water. After he took it he crawled back into bed, not wanting anyone to see him.

. . .

    A knock came from the door, then a voice. "Kitten? Are you getting dressed or something? Why is the door locked?" Lance asked. Keith dragged himself out of bed, with the comforter wrapped around his shoulders and dragging on the floor behind him as he went to open the door. "That... that smell..." Lance said, as he closed and locked the door behind him. His eyes seemed a little off and Keith couldn't tell that he smelled any different, then he backed up as he suddenly remembered he was an unmarked Omega. Keith tripped over the comforter and fell backwards and Lance seemed to snap out of it. "Kitten- I- Are you okay?" Lance asked, hesitating before he picked Keith up and placed him on the bed comforter and all. "Did you hit your head?" Lance asked frantically looking him over, but Keith just simply shook his head no. "Is your heat starting soon? Are you good on suppressants?" Lance asked, being the concerned alpha that he was.

  "It is.. and I uh.. just ran out of suppressants.." Keith answered, avoiding eye contact. Lance gently tilted Keith's head to look at him. "Hey, it will be okay. I'll have Pidge and Hunk go get you some more okay? Pidge said you're mostly human anyway, so maybe they'll even work better for you than the Galran ones." Lance replied, trying his best to be reassuring. Lance would've offered to get them himself if he wasn't painfully aware of the other alpha that lived in the house with them, he wanted to be there to keep his omega safe. "Kitten, I'll bring you breakfast and some other snacks and water. Then you have to keep this door locked until Pidge gets your suppressants, ok?" Lance stated, trying to make it very clear that he was not going to be able to stay with him. Lance didn't want his instincts to take over and take advantage of Keith, hell they had only just said they loved each other the other night.