SEVENTY-EIGHT

Liked by @kelseaballerini, @joniewoodruff, @cyelich, @brady_c, @christianyelich, @cody_bellinger, @stephymoose and 69,389 others

Liked by @kelseaballerini, @joniewoodruff@cyelich,
@brady_c@christianyelich@cody_bellinger,
@stephymoose and 69,389 others

4,589 comments

@andreacounsell
Pre-game photos. ✔
NLCS replay of 2018✔
Brewers to the World Series❓
👥@christianyelich
📷@aleciayelich

📍Miller Park, Milwaukee, WI

@username1: Let's go BREWERS!!!!!

@brewersfan1: I love the jacket!!! 

@brewersfan2: Let's crush those Dodgers!!!

@christianyelich: ♥♥♥
@andreacounsell: ♥♥♥

@username2: Can you two be my parents please??

@cody_bellinger: No Dodgers to the WS
@christianyelich: Nope. This is our year

@brewersfan3: Take that Dodgers!!! 

----

I took my seat with Alecia in the stands. We were still waiting for Collin, who was getting food, and my family, who were on their way. 

"So, Christian told me how you guys are having the wedding in California. I'm so happy for you guys." Alecia pulls me into a side hug.

"I know so am I. When he told me how he wanted to incorporate Wisconsin into it, I knew that it would be the right spot. He is the one for me." Alecia smiles at me.

"I love you guys. You have no idea how happy you made Christian." She looks out at the field, I follow her. We watch as Christian messes around with Lo and Ryan. "You have changed him. I'm glad that he has found someone like you." She turns to look at me. "Thank you." I pull her into a hug, tears in both our eyes. 

"Alecia. No need to thank me. I'm just as happy as he is." She pulls away and smiles, I return the smile. 

"I can't wait for you be officially be apart of this family." I was going to say something back but someone decided to interrupt. 

"Andrea! How the heck are you?" Collin screams, literally, walking down the stairs. I roll my eyes and Alecia smiles and shakes her head. I get up and give him a side side. 

"Hey Collin. I'm good. You?"

"Eh, same old same old." We take our seats and make small talk. About 10 minutes later my family arrives. Before we know it the game begins. 

**Time skip to the bottom of the ninth**

It's the bottom of the ninth, the game is tied 6-6 and up to bat is Ben, Lo and Christian. Everyone is on the edge of their seats as we got a set of good hitters who were hot tonight, besides Ben who was pinch hitting for Josh. Lo went 4-4 before this next at bat with 2 doubles, 2 singles and 1 RBI. Christian also went 4-4 with 2 doubles, 1 triple, 1 single and 3 RBI. He is a home run away from the cycle. Ben hits a single to left. Lo comes up to bat. His count quickly went to 0-2. On the fifth pitch of the at bat, he made contact with it to right-center. Ben quickly rounds second. Ed Sedar puts the stop up as Cody Bellinger quickly gets the ball in. Runners at second and third, no outs and Christian up to bat. The stadium gets wild. I can tell Christian is nervous. His count gets to 3-2. He steps out of the batters box and takes a breath. I'm standing between Alecia and Rowan. Christian steps back into the box and gets ready. The pitch comes and Christian steps and swings. It soars through the air, Bellinger to going back to the wall when he runs out of room. Home run! Miller Park gets electric. Christian runs around the bases, fist pumping as he does. He high-fives Sedar and tosses his helmet in the air. His arms are wide open, ready for what happens next. He steps on home plate, Gatorade gets dumped on him and everyone mobs him. Christian not only hit a walk-off home run to win Game 1 of the NLCS but he also hit for the cycle, something he hasn't done since the 2018 season. Everyone finishes celebrating and makes their way to the dugout. Sophia grabs Christian for a post-game interview. 

"Christian." He looks down at her. "Not only did you hit a walk-off home run to win the game but you also hit for the cycle, something you haven't done since the 2018 season. Tell me, how are you feeling right now?" She puts the mic up to his mouth. 

"Well, this is just like 2018 all over again. Um, it's great to have such a great fan base. It's just a great feeling overall. No words can describe right now."

"Take us through that at bat."

"Yeah, um, it went to 3-2 faster then I wanted it too but um I took a deep breath to calm down and..." Eric and Ryan dump the water cooler over him. He just stands there with a smile on his face. 

"They gotta cool you off somehow, right?"

"Yeah, um, the next pitch came and it just felt good so I swung and it went further then I thought it did."

"Well, thanks Christian and good game."

"Thanks." He says and walks down to the dugout, he waves out to the crowd before he does. All of us head down to the clubhouse. When we arrive, they were all partying like they had just won the World Series when it was only Game 1 of the NLCS. Those boys are something else.