Chapter 9: Don't Try To Run

Ke Aajj Koi Dua Karo Mere Layyi,
Ke Aajj Koi Dua Karo Koi Dua Karo Koi Dua Karo Mere Layyi,

Shanaya groaned hearing her ringtone ring in her ear, it was like for the past three days everyone was against her sleep, first Rohan, then Rhea, now god knows whose calling her this early, who else couldn't let Shanaya have one peaceful sleep.

Without opening her eyes, Shanaya answered her phone and put it on speaker, "Whose speaking?" Shanaya asked, exhaustion shown clearly in her voice.

"Hey Shanaya, its Jeet".

Shanaya opened her eyes and looked at her phone in confusion, "Jeet, why are you calling me this early, is everything okay at the orphanage?".

"Shanaya nothing is okay here, Freya has come down with a huge fever and she refuses to take any medicines or even go to the doctors, she just keeps asking for you, you need to get here as fast as you can, her condition is getting worse with every second that passes".

Shanaya gets up from the floor shocked, "What!" Shanaya asked shocked and scared at the same time, "Jeet how long has she been sick for?".

Jeet sighed, fully knowing Shanaya was going to kill him, "About two days".

"Two days!" Shanaya yelled, making Jeet flinch, "She's been sick for two days and your telling me this now, you should have told me the second she got sick, you guys know her immune system is weak, even the slightest cold can be extremely dangerous for her".

"Trust me we know that Shanaya, but we thought not to trouble you, you already have your hands full with Rohan, but turns out your the only one who can help her".

Before Shanaya could reply, the bathroom door opened and out came Rohan, from his wet hair, Shanaya could tell he had just come out of a shower.

"Hello Shanaya, you there?".

Hearing Jeet's voice, Rohan looked towards Shanaya, to see her talking on the phone.

"Yeah Jeet, I'm here" Shanaya replied, taking her eyes off of Rohan.

"So are you coming or not?" Jeet asked.

Shanaya made eye contact with Rohan, she knew convincing Rohan will be difficult but she had to be there with Freya, "Yeah Jeet, I'm coming".

Rohan frowned hearing Shanaya, after ending the call, Shanaya turned to Rohan, "Rohan listen--"

"No" Rohan interrupted, not even letting Shanaya explain.

Shanaya frowned listening to Rohan, "Excuse me?".

"You heard me Shanaya, your not going anywhere".

"Rohan please, I need to go to the orphanage it's very important".

Rohan scoffed, "Hanging out with your friends is not called important Shanaya Singhania".

"Rohan I'm not going there to hang out with my friends, one of the kids there is really sick and she's asking for me, without me she refuses to take any medicines or go to the doctors, please let me go Rohan".

Rohan turned to face Shanaya, "No".

"Rohan she has a weak immune system, if I don't reach the orphanage quickly then she can be in serious danger, please try and understand".

Rohan grabbed Shanaya by her arms and pulled her towards him, his grip definitely leaving marks on Shanaya's arms, "Get one thing straight in your mind Shanaya, I don't care if someone is dying, your not leaving this penthouse, end of discussion".