Chapter 37: Can You Wait Three Weeks?

Rohan looked down at his phone with a small smile on his face, even if Shanaya didn't realise it yet, both of them were easily falling back into their teasing routine, just like they used to do in their St Teresa days, guess the saying is right after all, old habits die hard.

"Rohan" Dimple said, entering Rohan's room.

"Yeah?".

"Rohan, a private investigator called Veer Malhotra just called, he said he wanted to talk to you about something important".

Hearing Dimple, all of Rohan's happiness disappeared and suddenly his mood was very serious.

Rohan grabbed his phone and started scrolling down to Veer's contact.

"Rohan isn't Veer Malhotra the same investigator you hired to find the shooter your Dad hired?" Dimple asked.

"Yeah, he is".

"Why did you hire him again, is everything okay?" Dimple asked worried.

"Everything is fine Dimple, I hired Veer for extra precaution" Rohan revealed, "Arjun is still out there somewhere, and then there's Abhi, who I know for sure isn't going to leave Shanaya just like that, which is why I hired Veer to keep an eye out of those two, and if one of them were seen near Shanaya, he is supposed to call me".

"You think one of them has been near Shanaya?" Dimple asked.

"I don't know" Rohan replied, clicking on Veer's contact.

"Hey rockstar".

"Veer Malhotra" Rohan said smiling, "Has been a while".

"It has, hasn't it?" Veer said, "Can't say I missed you though".

Rohan let out a small laugh, "Trust me, I haven't missed you either, whenever we talk it's usually has to do with someone threatening the girl I love".

"See this is why I would never fall in love, to many complications dude" Veer said.

"I used to think that to you know, I used to think love is a waste of time, and I would never fall in love, but then she came, and without me even realising it, she stole my heart".

"Yeah, that's not happening to me, I always have full control over my heart and mind, I'm not giving my heart to anyone".

"It's funny how you think you have a choice in that" Rohan said, "Anyways, tell me, you have any information?".

"Straight to business I see" Veer teased, "But yeah I do have some intel, I tried looking for Arjun, but it's like his completely fallen from this earth, last I heard was that he had come back to India the day before you had arrived".

"What about Abhi?".

"Him I have a lot on, Abhimanyu Singh had just landed in India two hours ago, currently he is residing in a small apartment".

"Is that apartment near Ronaya Orphanage?".

"Ronaya Orphanage? No, your penthouse? Yes" Veer revealed.

"Abhi bought a apartment near me?" Rohan asked shocked.

"Yeap, no joke, its a five minute walk from your penthouse to his apartment".

"What the hell is he up to?" Rohan whispered.

"I don't know yet, but rest assured I will find out soon enough" Veer assured.

"I have no doubt in that Veer, just tell me if Abhi or Arjun is seen near Shanaya" Rohan said.

"Will do boss" Veer said, "Now I'm hanging up, I'll see you at your album launch party".