Chapter 36: Second Chance

After telling Rohan off, Rhea decided to go into Shanaya's room, entering her room she saw her best friend laying in her bed and staring up at the roof, without making any noise Rhea went and laid on the other side of the bed.

After a moment of silence, Shanaya finally spoke, "Did you forgive him?".

"No" Rhea said simply.

If Shanaya was to be honest, Rhea's answer didn't surprise her one bit, for some reason she knew Rhea wouldn't forgive Rohan this easily, as just like Shanaya she was hurt with the lack of trust Rohan had in them.

"How about the boys?".

"Of course they have forgiven him" Rhea said, "They have been waiting for this moment since forever, they've finally got their third musketeer back, there was no way they wouldn't forgive him". 

Shanaya let out a small laugh, "True, but may I ask, why didn't you forgive Rohan?".

"You know why Shanaya" Rhea said, "I admit, he hasn't hurt me as much as he hurt you, but the fact that he even for a second believed that me, Jeet and Rajat will team up with Abhi, despite knowing how much all three of us did for him, I hid the bet from you just for him, Rajat left Abhi and instead supported Rohan, and let's not even start with all the things Jeet has done for him, but despite all that he didn't trust us, I know you probably think I'm overreacting Shanaya, and yeah, maybe I am, but the thing is, I never considered Rohan as just a friend, I've always considered him family, and when your own family doesn't trust you, then it hurts Shanaya, it hurts a lot".

"Trust me, I know how you feel" Shanaya said, "Abhi was once my only family and he broke my trust, I can't even describe to you how much that hurt me".

"You don't have to, I think I know" Rhea said.

"Will you ever forgive him?" Shanaya asked, "Will you ever forgive Rohan?".

Rhea sighed, "Eventually I will, but I want him to suffer a bit, just like I did, but after I've seen his suffered enough, I'll forgive him" Rhea said, "But we both know, my forgiveness isn't Rohan's priority".

"What?" Shanaya asked confused.

"Don't pretend to be oblivious Shanaya, we both know Rohan's number one priority right now now is to make things right with you, but the question is, are you going to let him make things right with you?".

"I don't know what I'm going to do Rhea" Shanaya replied honestly, "Truth is, I will never stop loving Rohan, I will love Rohan till the day I die, but despite that, I'm having serious trouble trusting him, isn't it funny, once Rohan was the guy who I trusted blindly, if he told me to jump off a building, I would have done it in a heartbeat, but now look, I could barely look into his eyes without remembering what he did, and I know he was misled, I know it's not entirely his fault, and I'm really trying to look past everything but it's just so hard, I don't know if I have it in me to look past everything".

Rhea squeezed Shanaya's hand in assurance, "Whatever decision you take, I'll be right behind you".

Shanaya gave Rhea a small smile. Shanaya then started wondering, what will happen if she's not able to trust Rohan again? Will that mark the end of Rohan and Shanaya's relationship? Or was Rohan being serious when he said that his going to do everything in his power to make things right with Shanaya again?

*****

After their talk, both Rhea and Shanaya had ended up sleeping in Shanaya's bed, they woke up when they heard yelling coming from the living room.

Rhea groaned and covered her ears with the pillow, "What are those two idiots doing now?".

"God knows" Shanaya said, slowly opening her eyes, "Whatever it is, can't be good".