Chapter 1: I'll Wait For You Forever

"Shanaya listen to me please, I'm really sorry, I promise I'll never leave you again".

Shanaya didn't say anything, just went and sat on the bench in the park, "You always say this Rohan, but then you leave me all alone, despite knowing that I can't survive without you". 

Rohan kneeled infront of Shanaya and wiped her tears, tears that had spilled without Shanaya's permission, "Shanaya if you can't survive without me then do you think I can survive without you, Shanaya Singhania you are my life, I can never leave you and even if I do leave you, one day I'll have to return back to my nerd, because you are like oxygen to me Shanaya, I don't want you in my life, but I need you in my life".

Shanaya smiled, "Rohan and Shanaya forever?".

Rohan helped Shanaya stand up and cupped her face in his hands, "Forever and ever".

Rohan and Shanaya both closed their eyes and started leaning in, but suddenly Shanaya didn't feel Rohan's touch. 

Opening her eyes, Shanaya saw Rohan standing infront of her but with a fair distance between them, with a sad smile on his face. He looked like he was hiding something from Shanaya, there was something Shanaya didn't know, something Rohan was to scared to tell her or something Rohan didn't want to tell her, Shanaya just didn't know. 

"Rohan why are you standing so far from me?".

Rohan looked at Shanaya, the sadness and heartbroken look in his eyes confused Shanaya a lot, "I have to go Shanaya".

Shanaya's heart started beating abnormally, something didn't feel right, "Go where Rohan?".

Rohan shook his head, "I can't tell you that Shanaya".

Shanaya stepped closer to Rohan and hugged him tightly, "But you just promised me that we are going to be together forever, then how can you even think about leaving me?".

Rohan separated Shanaya from himself, "I know what I said Shanaya and I meant every word of it, Rohan and Shanaya are forever, but right now I need to go".

Shanaya shook her head repeatedly and looked at Rohan with teary eyes, "If I let you go now then you will never come back to me".

Rohan stepped forward and put his hands on Shanaya's cheeks, "I will come back Shanaya, I promise I will return to you, and then I will tell you everything and we will be together forever, but right now I need to go, just wait for me Shanaya, I promise I will come back to take my nerd with me".

Shanaya watched Rohan fade more and more with every word he said, and she couldn't do anything about it, even if she tried to she couldn't, Rohan had already disappeared. 

"Rohan!".

Shanaya woke up from her horrible dream, only to see herself in her bed, another morning with the same dream, another morning when she woke up without Rohan by her side. 

Shanaya glanced at Rohan's photo on her side table, its been a whole year since the competition, a whole year since Rohan disappeared from Shanaya's life. 

So much has changed in the past year, after Rohan disappeared Shanaya couldn't stay in St Teresa so she decided to drop out but Rhea didn't let her, after much difficulties and a lot of support from Rhea, Shanaya finally managed to pass her final exams.

After graduation Shanaya, Jeet, Rhea and Rajat opened up a orphanage, Ronaya orphanage. Shanaya didn't have any specific reason as to why she named their orphanage Ronaya, but when the land lord asked Shanaya what their orphanage is going to be called the first thing that came out of Shanaya's mouth was Ronaya, and the rest also approved of the name, which is how Ronaya orphanage was born.