new girl : paul

It was your first day on the job, being an intern at a new studio in London. You were finally moving from a small town to the big city.

You arrived by taxi to the large, psychedelic looking building. Woah.

"Hello, and welcome to Apple Corps." A tall man greeted you, shaking your hand. "I'm George Martin, the producer here."

"Didn't you produce the.."

"Yes. I did. Now I need your help in grabbing a couple of coffees, maybe some bakery goods.."

"Sir, I'm going to be working as a technician, I didn't sign-"

"Oh you young people and your ambitions. Remember you're at the bottom of the music chain. An intern." You knew he was being honest, but it couldn't help but sting a bit.

"How does the way I get coffee showcase my skills?"

"Says if you do as you're told." He hissed back. He handed you a worn piece of paper that had been folded many times prior to you looking at it. "Go. It's just down the street."

You groaned and turned around, repositioning the strap of your bag on your shoulder and walking off, looking at the list.

__

You walked back into the studio to find that The Beatles were sitting inside. They stared at you as you walked in, your mouth agape.

"Oh, god! Finally!" George cried out, setting down his guitar and walking over towards you. He took a cup and the bag of food from you. Paul followed after.

"Ello, love." He smiled. "Are ye new?" You nodded your head, still speechless. Yoko pushed Paul out of the way and looked at you with a death glare.

"John doesn't need to eat or drink any of that." She quickly walked away, her frizzy witch hair, frightening.

"She's been a real bitch." Paul groaned, walking back over to you. "Don't worry about her. Or John." His smile was comforting, and he grabbed a coffee and turned back around.

George Martin had you up in the booth to give you instructions. You were still in complete shock.

"See? Brian this is why I should tell the poor interns what they are walking into. Maybe then they would last longer than a week."

Brian just shrugged. "Not my fault Yoko makes the poor girls cry all the damn time."

Martin turned to me and took a coffee for himself and Brian. "Now, Y/N. I'm gonna have you go down and assist the boys if they need anything."

You followed orders and as time went on you started to relax into your surroundings. You enjoyed the thrill of it all, watching them tape things, Martin's conducting skills, and the fact you got to help fix microphones.

"Hey, can you just sit next to me? I like yer presence." Paul smiled at you, drawing out a chair for you to sit in. You did as he said.

__

Afterwards you were told to grab lunch.

"I'm going to go on a walk!" Paul yelled. George and Yoko were almost yelling at each other over something, and John didn't even look up from the piano. It was turning into a nightmare, I didn't blame Paul for wanting to leave.

"Care if I join you to get the food?" Paul asked. You nodded your head.

"Really hellish in there, huh?" You mentioned.

"It's getting worse everyday. I'm thinking of throwing the towel in. John mentioned it last week, but nothing else since then. George is irritated and I understand why. And poor Ringo doesn't deserve us....I'm sorry for putting that on you."

"No, no it's okay. Talking helps. I understand."

"So you want to be a producer? Or..Tech-"

"Technician, yeah." You nodded.

"Wonderful. Maybe you could grab my coffee for the rest of my career." He suggested lightly. You laughed.

"I really hope I won't be getting coffee forever."

"Well, if Martin doesn't give you something good, then you can come help me out. I'll put in a good word, eh?"

"That would mean a lot, Paul."

"No problem."

The rest of your walk was fairly quiet asides from getting to know each other.

"Getting to know girls is always a bit weird for me." He admitted as you waited for the food to be prepared in the cafe.

"Why's that? Aren't you like famous?" You joked. He laughed.

"Well yes. But all the girls know everything about me."

"Well, I don't." You added.

He smiled and you got to know the little things about his life, stories he hasn't told many people before.

__

Approaching the studio again, Paul turned to face you. "I really like you, Y/N." He smiled.

"I really like you too." Just then he leaned in and planted a kiss on your lips. It was quick but so lovely.

"A lot." He laughed, pulling away. The two of you went back into the studio, bringing food.

After recording, Paul asked you to get dinner and from there the two of you went back to his flat where you had a wonderful time;)

__

okay I suck at having good ideas