Chapter 37 - The Truth Is Out

Jesse looked at Amy and they both looked over at detective Schrader who was mumbling to himself,
"Yo are you like ok or something?, you need some water?" Jesse asked him. He got up and walked back to his desk and looked Jesse in the eye "please tell me you have names mixed up" he was red in the face but Jesse was confused "I'm sorry man I don't understand what you mean, names mixed up with what?".
Detective Schrader was getting more and more angry as each minute passed, "WALTER WHITE YOU IDIOT! .... Tell me you said it by mistake and he's not in on this" Jesse was still confused as to why he cared but knew he wasn't mixed up "no I'm not getting mixed up it is definatley Walter White the chemistry teacher/meth cook, look..." Jesse looked at his name badge "...Hank ... why are you all concerned about him he's not the threat! There are bigger badder people out there that are trying to kill us and chances are they already have Mr White and Gus" Jesse said tryin to get him on the same page.
After a minute of silence and Hank pulling some strange thinking faces he said "Walter White is my brother in law this is not like him why would he do something like this, he's never done a bad thing in his damn life!" He put his head in his hands, Jesse looked at Amy, they both know why he did this, the money to leave his family because of the cancer but they knew he hadn't told his family yet. Amy looked at Jesse and nodded as though to say il tell him, she was used to speaking with family members about their relative suffering.
Amy leant forward on her seat so she was closer to Hank, "excuse me detective, I know why your brother in law did all this, now I know you learning all this is a big thing and it's a lot to take on but I'm afraid I have something else to tell  you" she paused a minute and looked at Jesse and he held her hand, she smiled and turned back to Hank, "Walter did it purely for the money for his family, his intentions were good although things went further than he had anticipated" she hadn't finished when Hank stopped her, "I have money if they need a thing they can come to me! So that's a lie what hold do you junkies have on him to make him do this!" Hank snapped at her.
Jesse jumped up out of his seat and pulled Amy back out of Hanks face, "Hey! Don't you dare speak to her like that! She's nearly 9 month pregnant! And for your information WE didn't make him do anything he made me! He did it for money to leave his family himself because he's dying! He has incurable cancer and it's only a matter of time before he dies, I think you owe my girlfriend an apology!" By this point they were nose to nose and neither of them enjoyed being yelled at, but Jesse wasn't backing down, he was putting everything on the line doing this and he didn't need some stuck up detective in denial about his meth cook brother in law getting in the way of his plan.
"I'm sorry miss, a lot of news for one day, and I apologise, I'm going to go get my co-worker to help, there is a lot of information to work through" before he left the room Jesse stood up and said "and the witness protection person because we aren't saying shit until that is in place, I have Amy and our baby to protect detective" Hank just nodded and went to get his co-worker.

"How do you think it's going Jesse?" Amy asked, not sounding too positive. He put his hand on her cheek and said "it's going to be fine babe, remember not a word until they have protection sorted for us ok, don't worry you keep calm for this little guy" Jesse smiled as he rubbed Amy's belly.

Just the Hank came back in the room with his co-worker Steve Gomez and a woman from witness protection called Alison.
They all sat in the office for hours until they came to an agreement.
Jesse and Amy told them everything they knew and agreed to give evidence in court as long as they got their witness protection, they gave them new identities and a home in Seattle.