Chapter 52: Emergency Room

Michael POV

I sit on the floor in shock. I just stare at Alexys on the floor in a puddle of blood. Her shoulder was shot and she's bleeding out fast. Her parents are in shock theirselves so I get her up and I carry her half conscious self to my car.

When I get to the emergency room I try to walk with her to where ever they're taking her but two nurses hold me back. "Sir you have to wait here." One of the nurses say as the other nurse tries to calm me down.

I sit in the waiting room basically breaking down. I've cried, I've cursed myself out, I threw around some objects (which unfortunately I have to pay for), ect.

This is all my fault now my future wife I mean my girlfriend got shot by her psychopath of a farther. Ughhhh why did she have to push me out the way??

My thoughts were interrupted when a doctor walks up to me. "Sir you may see Alexys now." He says. I nod and follow him to her room.

When I enter the room I feel like I'm gonna break down again. "She's going to be fine. Luckily she wasn't shot through the chest or stomach." he says. "Hey um is the baby okay" I say almost forgetting she's pregnant. "Right now the baby is okay but Alexys lost a lot of blood so there is a big possibility that the baby may die. She's going to stay here tonight and depending on how she's doing tomorrow she then can return home. She should wake up in a few hours." the doctor says. "Thanks doc" I say as he walks out the room leaving me alone with an unconscious Alexys.

I sit in the chair right next to her. I grab her hand brushing my thumb on her hand. I feel horrible about how this happened.

"Lexy I know you probably can't here me but I want you to know that I love and the baby. I'm sooo sorry this happened." I say in a shaky whisper.

Soon enough I fall asleep.

Alexys POV

I wake up to bright lights and a white ceiling. As I try to sit up a surge of pain rushes through my left shoulder. A noise comes from my mouth and I'm not sure if it was a shriek,gasp, or sigh. I look over to my right to see Michael sleeping.

Suddenly everything comes back to me. Michael and I told my parents about my pregnancy and my dad was going to shoot Michael but I pushed him out the way causing me to get shot.

I feel like crying. My own farther shot me. A single tear runs down my face. Just then Michael wakes up "Oh my god your awake" he says carefully hugging me.

He looks at my face "Aww babe your crying" he says sadly. "Michael I can't believe my own farther shot me." I say. "He wasn't aiming for you. By the way why'd you do it?" He asked. "I promised myself I would never let my parents hurt you in anyway." I say "Well promise me you'll never do anything like that again" he says serious.

"Well I'm sorry Michael but I can't make that promise." I say. "And why not" he says. "Because Michael I love you way too much. I would do anything for you." I say looking him in his eyes.

"I love you sooo much Lexy." I love you too Michael. He leans in for a kiss but right before out lips can touch the door busted open. We both turn our attention to the two people I now hate with a passion. "Oh my god baby are you okay." my mom says.

I want to cry but not in front of them. "Alexys I'm so sorry" my dad says with guilt in his voice. "Michael I don't want them here please press that buzzer." Michael does what he's told.

Soon security forces my parents out the building. I relax a little when they're gone. "Michael how's the baby?" I ask worried.

Michael looks away "Um the doctor said she's fine--" I interrupt "good" I say. "You didn't let me finish I was gonna tell you that the doctor said the baby is fine for now. Apparently you lost a lot of blood so there's a good chance the baby will die." Michael says sadly.

"Oh really?" I say looking down. I grip the sheets as Michael pecks my lips. "It's okay Alexys we'll get through this." he say reassuring me.

Comment, Vote, and Follow me. Love y'all xoxo