Chapter 55: Running Around

Alexys POV

The next day I wake up running my hand through my hair. I don't feel the need to puke luckily. Michael is still sleeping peacefully by my side. I just noticed that I haven't brought my things here yet. Tomorrow I'll pick up my things. My mom doesn't want me to live there anyway.

I look at Michael sleeping once more before climbing out of bed. He's just so freaking adorable.

I shower and dress in light blue skinny jeans and a white tank top followed up by my white converses.

I decide to go for a walk to clear my mind a little. I grab my sports jacket and I head out. I was walking past the park until a familiar voice calls my name. "Alexys?" I turn around instantly to see my ex boyfriend Jake.

He smiles as he approaches me. "Oh Jake it's nice to see you." I say returing the smile. "Yeah it's great seeing you too. Hey how about we catch up sometime. Like we can meet up for lunch tomorrow if that's ok with you." he says. I nod in approval "I would love that." I say accepting his offer.

We talk for a while. "Hey I heard about your dad (he pauses) I'm sorry for your lost." he says. I look down "Thanks" I say. He pulls me into his arms and we share an embrace.

Soon we go our separate ways and while I was walking back home I hear this faint whimper. It was coming from this dark alley. I hesitate but then decide to see what it was.

I search until I hear the noise louder. It's coming from this box. I bend down trying to get a better look. It's a....puppy. "Awwww" there was this colorful bird next to the poor guy and soon it flew away.

The puppy looked lonely and hungry. I decide to bring the puppy home. I pick up the puppy and wrapped the blanket around him. Wait is this puppy even a him. I check. Yup it's defiantly a him.

I use the key Michael gave me and open the door. I walk into house and I see Michael eating a bagel at the dining room table. "Hey Mikey" I say. "Hey Lexy, where you been." he asked not looking at me still.

"Oh I just took a walk to clear my mind a little." I answer. "Oh okay." he finally looks at me and noticed the puppy. "Oh and I see you brought a friend." he raises a eyebrow. "um yeah. I wanna keep him. Can we please??" I beg. He chuckles. "Usually I would say no but for you I'll do anything to keep that smile on your face."

I walk over to him and kiss his cheek. "Thanks Michael." I say sweetly.

I climb the stairs placing the puppy upstairs in Michael's or should I say our room. The puppy is sleeping and I sit on the bed. I decide to name the puppy 'Sniffles' cause he seems to like to smell me and everything around him. I would call him Smelly but I think you get the point.

I don't think I'm gonna tell Michael that I'm gonna meet up with Jake for lunch tomorrow. I know I should but I don't want to deal with Michael's jealousy even know it looks hot on him.

I decide to run to the pets shop and get some things for Sniffles like a dog bed, dog food, dog bowl, ect. Then I start to think to myself that soon I'm gonna be buying things for my baby.

When I come back home I feed Sniffles and I set up all the stuff that he'll need. After I'm done with that I cook dinner. Michael and I eat and he tells me that it tasted good.

We were gonna head to bed but instead I wanted to talk. I sit up in bed and turn to Michael.

"So Michael tomorrow I'm gonna start bringing my stuff here. Is that okay?"

"Yeah" he says simply

"Okay? Oh Michael how about we go out to dinner tomorrow." I say exited.

"Okay" he says.

"Or we could hang out here and you know." I say flirting with him well trying.

"Okay" he says.

I roll my eyes "Okay Michael stop with the one word answers. What's up with you?"

He turns to me and sits up. "Nothing babe I'm just (sigh) tired." "Oh" I say
He looks over at me and kisses my cheek. "Now there you go only using one word to talk to me." I look over at him "I just feel--" he cuts in "Distant" he says. "yeah kinda." "Well tomorrow we can go where ever you want for dinner." He says.

"Thanks Michael" I say "No problem babe" We share a kiss and I fall asleep in his arms.

Comment, Vote, and Follow me. Sorry for the slow update. Love y'all xoxo.