Chapter 65: Friends

Alexys POV

He looks into my eyes and leans in. I stay still and at the last possible second I put my hand in front of my lips causing him to kiss my hand.

He opens his eyes clearly confused and embarrassed. "I'm sorry Lexy I just got caught up in the moment."

I just nod my head saying nothing. We were silent for at least five minutes. I dip my donut in my coffee eating a piece if it. "So are you and Monica happy?" I asked trying to learn the tension and awkwardness.

"Yeah we're happy but......" he trails off and looks at his hands in his lap.

I turn to him. "But what?"

"Well Monica is a great girl and all but I don't love her. I love someone else." He says.

"Oh" I say simply.

We go back to silence. I fumble with my fingers while Jake pokes his food with his fork.

"You know I would love to be friends again. I'm sure Monica would too, she seriously misses you." he says breaking the silence.

"I would love too but it's not always gonna be this awkward right?"

He smiles "No it's just I had to tell you how I felt."

"Well good." I say half satisfied. I would prefer if Monica came and apologized to me herself but I do just want to be friends again. Besides I know she's not the best with apologies.

After breakfast I head back home to Michael. Jake invited us to a double date tonight and I'm not to sure about it.

I kiss Michael's cheek while he watched tv. "Mikey how would you feel about a double date with Jake and Monica."

He finally turns his attention to me. "I don't know I'm happy y'all worked everything out but I'm not exactly best buddies with Jake. I mean I would love to take you in a date but a double date with them?" He says.

"Please please please Michael do it for me."

After a but mor convincing he finally agreed.

Comment, Vote, and Follow me. Short chapter guys. Love y'all xoxo.