sad endings, new beginnings pt. 1

-2 months later-

i looked around the house as diego finished up getting his things together. we were moving. to south carolina. after the accident, my manager let me go. so i decided i needed a new start. thats why i told diego i needed to disappear. and he agreed.

i grabbed my last bag of things, and looked around the house, gathering all the memories that were built up in this. i smiled as i thought about the first movie night i did here with my group of friends.

sadly, i need to disappear from them aswell. everything got complicated after the accident with anthony. so we decided to be just friends. it hurt. but it was best. no one knows me and diego are disappearing for a while. and thats how i want it to be.

'ready to go?' diego's voice echoed from the front door. 'yeah' i yell back. i turn off the lights of the home and shut the front door. diego grabs my bag and walks to the trunk. i look over the house again before turning around and getting into the driver seat. diego slams the trunk and gets into the passenger seat. 'you sure about thing lia?' he says unsure. i nod and start the car, driving to south carolina.

-7 hours later-

diego was now passed out as we now entered the state of arizona. we had just passed flagstaff a while ago so just a bit more until new mexico. i hum to the soft music playing in the back until my phone goes off.

'where the hell are you and why is your house cleared out?'

poor chase. i hate to lie to him but i needed a new start. and diego refused to let me go by myself. i didnt want him to leave his fans behind, leave his whole life behind him in california. but i couldnt say no to him when he begged me to let him come with me.

i shut off my phone completely, turning the radio more up. diego stirred awake to the sound of khalid softly playing from the speakers. 'where are we right now?' he groans. i chuckle and look at how long it is until new mexico. '35 minutes until new mexico' i say. he perks up and looks at me. 'can we please stop at albuquerque? just for a little bit, i heard downtown was beautiful there' i think about it for a bit. it is pretty late, and i need sleep at one point. 'okay but just so i can get some sleep and we're leaving by wednesday morning' i say. he nods and goes on his phone.

soon enough we are now in albuquerque, new mexico. 'diego look up a hotel here' i say looking at him.

its crazy to think that if i didnt win the case with my parents, me and diego would've had to come to los lunas to see my father.

'theres the hotel parq central' he says looking down at his phone. i nod and start driving towards the hotel. we pull into the parking lot and i look at it.

'you did not recommend the hotel that used to be an insane asylum' i say looking at the tall building. 'the roof is gorgeous lia. come on' he says getting out the car. i groan, opened the door and grabbing my bag of clothes and diegos. i hand him his bad and shut the trunk.

we walk up to the receptionist and diego looks at me. 'how can i help you?' she smiles. 'hi, can i get a room for 2 nights with 2 beds please?' i ask kindly. she nods, typing on her computer. 'okay that'll be $374.86' i nod, giving her my debit card. 'okay, heres you two key cards. our breakfast hours are 8-11 and pools are open from 7 til 10. have a good stay' she says. i smile and thank her and hand diego a key card. we walk to the elevator and press on the 6th floor.