Chapter Four

"This place has some great pizza," Kyle exclaims as the four pull into a mom and pop pizza shop, cutting the engine.

"Is this place new too?" Juliane asks as the smell of fresh pizza kicks off their senes when entering the restaurant. All four slide into a four person booth. The girls on one side, the boys on the other.

"It is," Breanna nods. "It's been here almost a year."

Juliane nods, looking down at the menu and looking over her choices. Link and Juliane waste no time giving their friends a hard time over the extreme PDA in the bar. Their laughing and picking on each other is cut off as Juliane's phone rings. Trevor's name flashing on the screen.

"Hello?" she picks up. Everyone around her quieting down.

"Hey, how are you?" she hears him ask, everyone else around her keeps harassing Kyle.

"I'm fine. How's your trip?"

"It's alright. How's Arizona?"

"It's good. I'm having a good time."

The line is quiet for a second. "Do you want me to come out there?"

"Of course I do. I wanted you to come before I even came out here the first time."

"Alright, well I'm done here next week. I'll change my flight to come out there instead."

"Okay," she smiles. "I love you," hanging up the phone.

"Is he coming?" Breanna asks.

"Yes, he's changing his flight next week to come here instead of back home."

"That's great. We'll all have to go out when he comes into town."

"Definitely. I think he'll enjoy it."

"Absolutely," Breanna nods.

"So, are you going by on Saturday?" Link asks.

"Yeah I just might."

"Well I hope I see you there."

Walking through her parents front door later that evening, Juliane's surprised to see her parents still up, lounging around in the living room watching a movie. They look over at her life she's a teenager again.

"How's your night?" Jan asks her daughter.

"It was good," she walks in, joining her dad on the couch. "We played horseshoes and then went down to that pizza place. Link knows Breanna and Kyle so he was tagging along."

She notices her mom smirk. "Well, that sounds like a great time."

"I think your mom is jealous," her dad pipes up, grinning ear to ear to his daughter.

"I think so too."

"Are you going to look at me and tell me you didn't check him out once?"

Her dad shakes his head, smiling and chuckles. "I'm jealous of the guy's cars."

"Yes I did. Once," she holds up her finger.

"That's my girl," her mom hollers.

"Like mother, like daughter," her dad says.

"So Trevor is coming here next week," Juliane trails off.

"Well that's nice. It's been quite a while since we've seen Trevor."

"Yeah, he just needs to get away too."

"Has he put any more thought into you having another baby?" her mom asks.

"I have but no success. He thinks the same thing is going to happen," Juliane's mind flashing to the gunshots.

"Oh honey," her mom sighs. "I'm so sorry. Hopefully he'll change his mind over time."