Chapter Eleven

Passing by the living room the next morning, Juliane sees Trevor still passed out on the couch, her thoughts thinking about their argument the night before. She pads to the kitchen, starting the coffeemaker. She looks up right as her mom walks in, a confused look on her face.

"Why is Trevor drooling on my couch?" she asks, retrieving a mug.

"He got a vasectomy before he came here."

"He what?" her mom asks shocked.

Juliane nods.

"You didn't know he was doing that?" she asks, getting out the sugar and creamer.

"Nope, mom I know nothing about him really anymore," she shrugs. "He's changed and it's not slowing down," She sighs.

"What are you going to do about this?" her mom asks as she pours two cups of coffee.

Shrugging, she grabs the other mug of coffee and walks into the living room. She plops down right beside him, nudging him awake. "Here," she says, thrusting the coffee mug towards him.

"Thanks," he takes it.

Her phone dings in her pocket, pulling it out and seeing the message from Link followed with a picture of his dog Bella laying next to his feet on the porch.

"I think you're trying to steal my dog from me."

Juliane replies back, "I love her."

"Oh she definitely loves you. She's been mopey since you left," the message from Link reads.

"I should get her a toy or something."

"I think all she wants is you."

Juliane shuts the bedroom door and sits down on the bed. She thinks for a second before sending a reply. "Are you sure it's her?"

Her phone dings a minute later. "Well I never said she was only one."

Smirking, Juliane sets her phone and down and sips on her coffee.

"You look like you're still asleep," Link looks up at Éliane walking over to the porch swing.

"Not sleep well?" she sits down beside him, asking in her broken English.

Link chuckles. "You look like you're still asleep."

"I had friend over," Éliane smirks, noticing Link look down at his phone.

"I think I'm actually hung up on Juliane. I was jealous all day yesterday when I hard to watch her with that dumbass and all I want to do is call her but she's married and I'm just so confused," he spits out.

"Link, it's too much stress."

"Says the French woman that considers marriage an outdated concept and has attended several um...parties," he smirks, inserting air quotes. "This feels different though. Since we got here, I haven't wanted to be with anyone because I haven't wanted to drag anyone into our shit. But, I can't stop thinking about what she is doing."

"Our shit?" she smirks.

"You know what I'm talking about. The entire reason we ended up here."

Éliane rolls her eyes. "Let's go to bed no?" she smiles, scooting closer.

"You and I both know that's not happening."

"Because you're no fun."

"I can't help it if I don't have the right parts for you anyway," he winks at her.

Éliane chuckles.